The hardest thing is finding cheap or free things to do. Here are some ideas I found online while working on my own marketing plan:
The Ten Most Important Priorities When Launching a New Book (from website: http://www.bookmarket.com/
As part of my Book Marketing Magic multimedia program, I outlined the ten most important priorities when launching a new book.
Here are the ten actions I considered the most important for launching your book. They form the essence of any good book marketing plan.
1. Create relationships with key targeted websites, ezines, and blogs.
2. Create a functioning website at least two to three months before your publication date. Launch it well. You can find out more about launching an incredible website via Module 3 of the Bestseller Launch Formula course.
3. Create an email newsletter or fanzine.
4. Send out review copies to targeted print media.
5. Send out media kits to major TV and radio shows.
6. Get distribution for your book.
7. Schedule a book tour. Start with a great local tour.
8. Prepare your review packets.
9. Create an Amazon bestseller campaign. You can find out more about launching an Amazon Bestseller Campaign via Module 4 of the Bestseller Launch Formula course.
10. Join and become active in some social networks.
In the Book Marketing Magic multimedia program, I go into much more detailed on how to implement these actions (including a listing of the resources to help you take those actions).