QueryTracker Community
November 12, 2018, 11:42:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Poll
Question: Which title are you more likely to pick up?
Expiration Date - 3 (25%)
Small Things - 9 (75%)
Either - 0 (0%)
Neither - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Change My Title?  (Read 13551 times)
McG

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 04:04:21 PM »

Well, I voted before I read the excerpt, and I like SMALL THINGS much better, especially when you said it's not hard sci-fi or anything. And what an excerpt! That was really beautiful. I want to go take pictures now or something. That really drives home the title, so I'd go with that.

I do like SLIGHTLY SMALL THINGS, though, too.  Grin

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." -Charles W. Eliot
dreiner

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 12:24:04 PM »

I love "Small Things," but I feel a bit manipulated because of your fantastic excerpt.  Grin
mltapper

We all get another chance.

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 07:29:26 AM »

I apologize if this seems disingenuous. I haven't made enough comments yet to start my own thread, so I'm grabbing the end of this one.

I'm writing a thriller trilogy set in a speculative future world.  I have two sets of titles for the books, and I am curious about any and all opinions --I can't see the forest anymore.

Set One:  My Sun Sets to Rise Again, Greenness is a Kind of Grief,  Too Present to Imagine

Set Two: Concerto for Rachel: Movement 1 - Andante Cantabile; Movement 2 - Allegro Vivace;   Movement 3 - Adagio Doloroso

Thanks!

Author, Nurse, Fly Fisher, Recovering Lawyer, Cook, Raconteur
slightlysmall

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 12:03:08 PM »

mltapper, post in "Welcome New Users" first so we can get to know you. There aren't post limitations for when you can start a new thread... just choose the "new post" button in the upper right of the forum section you want to use.

most likely the regulars will ignore this post because they know I've already changed my title and am querying it. They won't look to see what someone else's opinion is on a title I changed months ago.

(FWIW I prefer set 1. Most people aren't familiar enough with musical terms for set 2 to work.)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: