QueryTracker Community
February 27, 2017, 05:16:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confusion about Message Center  (Read 151 times)
skribbler

« on: January 11, 2017, 01:36:38 PM »

Patrick et al.,

My main question is whether it's possible to view personal messages as a thread. I'm having a back and forth with someone here, and although the immediately previous message I'm responding to is visible, earlier ones are not. And while I can view all the sender's messages before I start a new one to him/her, I don't see the messages I sent.

A secondary comment/question is about how many "message centers" there are. If I'm on this page: QueryTracker Community > Personal Messages > Inbox

my Inbox appears empty.

But on this page: Home > Message Center

I see all messages that have come in that I haven't deleted.

Do the main site and the community have different message centers?

Many thanks for the clarification. QueryTracker is working wonderfully for me in almost all ways.

Rob

Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 02:06:50 PM »

Hi Skribbler,
Yes, there are two different messaging systems. That's because the forum (community) software is completely separate from the main QueryTracker website. They can't interact with each other.

Does that help?
skribbler

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 05:34:58 PM »

Yes, it helps with the second question, Patrick.

Would still be nice if there were a way for a complete to/from thread of correspondence visible between two people in the QT Community Message Center.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: