QueryTracker Community
February 23, 2018, 05:43:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rejected -- twice!  (Read 897 times)
WhiteGardenia

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 05:55:58 PM »

I agree with not pointing out to the agency that they rejected you twice.

Nonetheless, we could still have fun on this thread, coming up with creative, funny responses we would like to send.

If I think of anything . . .

I received a rejection this morning. This particular agency's "Submissions" guidelines on their website had a typo!  "...To find links to our indivudal..."  Definitely something I would think a literary agency would (or should) catch, hmm?

At least they responded to my query (which some agents don't bother to do).  I wouldn't even consider replying to their email to point out the typo, as it may bring about bad juju for my remaining outstanding queries. Hah.   zen

"Like a compass needle that points north, a man's accusing finger always finds a woman. Always..."
--Khaled Hosseini, A Thousand Splendid Suns
I'm on Twitter!  http://twitter.com/whitegardenia27
Munley

Atlantic Canada

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 02:17:59 AM »

Yeah, you don't want to go jinxing yourself.

I'm always tempted to point out dangling modifiers on an agent's web page, but don't.
Can't remember any agency ones offhand, but just came across one in a published introduction to Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment. It was describing the author's arrest and imprisonment for radical activity.

"Moments before being shot by a firing squad, a pardon was issued by the Tsar."

I also find DM's in my own manuscript, but try to weed them out before submitting.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: