QueryTracker Community
July 19, 2018, 08:37:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the most embarassing moment of your life (or one of them)?  (Read 3816 times)
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 05:10:16 PM »

that's one way but I was using it like a mispronounciation of Boss...

see this video to get the idea, language...  be warned...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c

ha ha....I saw this on SNL, and edited version of course. 

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
Dani Donegan (Cradle)

Bacchus a noyé plus de gens que Neptune.

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 05:11:33 PM »

that's one way but I was using it like a mispronounciation of Boss...

see this video to get the idea, language...  be warned...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c

Yes!!!! I love this song--lonely island? My boyfriend played this for me when we were on our way to prom!!

And that ain't too bad. I blared this song (accidentally) right in front of happy Sunday service goers and a lady actually went up to my truck and told me to turn that satanic stuff down and pick up a bible. She said she would pray for me. My response, "If you will pray to God for me, than I will pray to Satan for you."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIxhZZAzMdo

Her face was priceless. Like, whenever I have a bad day I think of that time. I told my mom and she laughed so hard--she wishes she was there to see it.

Cradle, have I ever said how much I love you? Because I do. So, so much.

Oh, well.. embarrassed

You too! I live in the bible belt, and since my religion is considered evil in some aspects, well...

But she seemed honestly concerned. I bet she was a nice lady. Short little thing. Probably somebody's granny. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:13:22 PM by CradleOfInsanity » Logged

The Zero Maker, YA Horror 63k

Twitter: @A_ChristineD
Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 05:55:53 PM »

Oh, well.. embarrassed

You too! I live in the bible belt, and since my religion is considered evil in some aspects, well...

But she seemed honestly concerned. I bet she was a nice lady. Short little thing. Probably somebody's granny. Smiley

Hey man, I'm a card carrying member of a Druidism religion. So I get ya. Well, sorta.

Haha. Nice.

WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019
sasquatch

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 09:35:10 PM »

Great responses so far...thanks for starting this Cradle!

Here's mine. I've actually worked it into my MS in a roundabout way. It's a little long, but bear with me...

At age 16, I was sitting in the school lunchroom with some buddies of mine. A couple of them had skipped school the day before and drove up to Payne Road, a very rural area north of where I live. There's nothing there but trees, farms, barns, and a river. The ideal place to hang out and do all the stupid stuff teenagers do. An added bonus: the area is rich with ghost stories that date back nearly a hundred years. (Several people have died there under weird circumstances--Google "Payne Road" "North Carolina Ghost Stories" if you're interested in that sort of stuff.)

As we were talking, two of my buddies swore up and down that they'd seen a body in an old metal barn while they were wandering around. We blew them off at first, but they seemed genuinely shook up. So, after school, another friend of mine and I decided to go check for ourselves.

When we got to the barn in question, there was no place to pull off the road. I let my buddy out, then pulled up some so I could park and get out. I hadn't even gotten my door open when my buddy came flying down the road toward me, white as a sheet,  hollering that there really WAS a body in that barn. It was a big metal barn, locked with a padlock--but he swore he could see a body on the dirt floor through one of the windows.

We took off to the nearest town about twenty minutes away to call the cops. (This was way before cell phones were in every pocket.) We were told to wait for a deputy to meet us, and he would follow us to the scene. We did. When we got there, there were already half a dozen cops wandering around. The owner of the barn showed up about the same time we did--needless to say, he didn't look happy. He handed the key off to a deputy, who unlocked the door. It screeched open, and there, laying on the floor in plain view was...gasp...

...a scarecrow.

The cops did their best to chew us out for trespassing, but they were laughing so hard they could barely get the words out. Fortunately, the owner of the barn ended up getting a good laugh out of it too, so he didn't press charges.

The last thing one of the cops told us as he pulled out was that we'd done the right thing. And that we'd be laughing about it one day, too.

It only took about thirty years, but he was right.

Best wishes,
'Squatch

“My own experience has been that the only tools I need for my trade are a pen, paper, tobacco, food, and a little whisky.”
--William Faulkner
tb.tallbird

I live in a fairy tale world!

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 09:51:36 PM »

Here's mine. I've actually worked it into my MS in a roundabout way. It's a little long, but bear with me...

At age 16, I was sitting in the school lunchroom with some buddies of mine. A couple of them had skipped school the day before and drove up to Payne Road, a very rural area north of where I live. There's nothing there but trees, farms, barns, and a river. The ideal place to hang out and do all the stupid stuff teenagers do. An added bonus: the area is rich with ghost stories that date back nearly a hundred years. (Several people have died there under weird circumstances--Google "Payne Road" "North Carolina Ghost Stories" if you're interested in that sort of stuff.)

As we were talking, two of my buddies swore up and down that they'd seen a body in an old metal barn while they were wandering around. We blew them off at first, but they seemed genuinely shook up. So, after school, another friend of mine and I decided to go check for ourselves.

When we got to the barn in question, there was no place to pull off the road. I let my buddy out, then pulled up some so I could park and get out. I hadn't even gotten my door open when my buddy came flying down the road toward me, white as a sheet,  hollering that there really WAS a body in that barn. It was a big metal barn, locked with a padlock--but he swore he could see a body on the dirt floor through one of the windows.

We took off to the nearest town about twenty minutes away to call the cops. (This was way before cell phones were in every pocket.) We were told to wait for a deputy to meet us, and he would follow us to the scene. We did. When we got there, there were already half a dozen cops wandering around. The owner of the barn showed up about the same time we did--needless to say, he didn't look happy. He handed the key off to a deputy, who unlocked the door. It screeched open, and there, laying on the floor in plain view was...gasp...

...a scarecrow.

The cops did their best to chew us out for trespassing, but they were laughing so hard they could barely get the words out. Fortunately, the owner of the barn ended up getting a good laugh out of it too, so he didn't press charges.

The last thing one of the cops told us as he pulled out was that we'd done the right thing. And that we'd be laughing about it one day, too.

Best wishes,
'Squatch

This is too funny. I've seen people mistake mannequins for the same thing though.

Life is like a book. Some chapters are sad, some happy, some exciting. But if you never turn the page... you will never know what the next chapter holds.
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 11:25:00 PM »

...a scarecrow.

Best wishes,
'Squatch

Very funny story, loved it.  I checked out the ghost stories of that era...spooky!  If I'm ever in the area, I will check it out. 

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
Munley

Mr. Fluff -- from the SPCA

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 11:28:47 PM »

In need of a good laugh, I clicked on this old thread and laughed so hard at every story.

So I'll contribute one, which I may have posted on a thread a few years back.

I work as a substitute teacher's aide, mostly working with junior high students, often students with special needs.

I'll call this kid Ed. He was pretty independent and math was one of his strong points. When we got to the math class, there was a substitute teacher with a veil and an Arabic accent. She had put a list of ten short algebra equations on the board. Above the list, she wrote BEDMAS.

The students were supposed to work on their own, solving these equations. Ed got stuck on Problem #7 and asked for my help. I wasn't able to help him so I said, "Sorry, but you'll have to ask Mrs.Bedmas."

"Who?"

"Mrs. Bedmas." I had never heard such a name, but thought of it as an exotic name for someone from an exotic place.

"You mean that teacher up there?"

"Yes, she wrote her name on the board."

He looked at me as if I were the stupidest person on Earth. "That's not her name. That's the order of operations in mathematics!"

embarrassed2
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:36:22 PM by Munley » Logged
Falthor

Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 08:58:28 AM »

not sure how embarrassing it is, but I just remembered another story. (how many years ago did this thread come from?)

So, I'm on a camping trip with my family and another family, like a month-long deal where we are going out to the east coast and back.  Anyway, I'm being an annoying kid (think I was 9) as was the other family's kid Shane and my dad has had enough.  He turns to us and says "do me a favor and get lost".

I looked at Shane, and he looked back at me. "Wanna go for a hike?" I asked him. he nods and we go for a walk.

There was a HUGE lake in the campsite right near where we were staying and the path down to the lakeshore happened to be right at the side of our campsite, so we went down there and started walking along the lake.  I remember thinking, man it's not that big, we can probably walk all the way around it in under an hour, of course, neither of us had a watch.  So we walk through the wood for a bit on a well-traveled footpath that was there and finally thought we should start to get back so we took a path up from the lake and into the campground again.  We were still in the same area that our trailer was set up in (according to the signs) so we walked around a little trying to find a paved road to walk back on.  getting bored we gave up and just walked back the path.

When we got back my dad was fuming, seems that we were gone for over 3 hours, although it sure didn't seem that long, and because of the size of the campground they had 40 park rangers out there looking for us as well as 2 helicopters.

Whoops.

Moral of the story.   Don't tell your kids to get lost, ever.

“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: