QueryTracker Community
May 23, 2018, 05:36:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chapter summary  (Read 1190 times)
newtothis22

« on: February 11, 2018, 10:19:32 AM »

There is an agent I would like to query but she is asking for a short, one to two sentence summary for each chapter. Is there a format for that? Should it just be simple statements of what the chapter is about or does it need to have voice?  confused
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 06:09:28 PM »

There is an agent I would like to query but she is asking for a short, one to two sentence summary for each chapter. Is there a format for that? Should it just be simple statements of what the chapter is about or does it need to have voice?  confused

Is this for non-fiction? If not, maybe re-read the agent's requirements because I've never seen that required for a fiction MS.

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
jcwrites

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 07:17:44 PM »

This one or two sentences per chapter is a method for writing a synopsis. That's all.

ETA: don't insert chapter breaks. Just let it flow through.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:19:19 PM by jcwrites » Logged
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 08:23:14 PM »

This one or two sentences per chapter is a method for writing a synopsis. That's all.

It's also an instruction on what to send for non-fiction. I read it on an agent's site in recent days, that instruction included in the same paragraph describing what to send for a fiction MS.  Smiley

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
newtothis22

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 01:27:29 PM »

I will go back and re-read it but it asked for a query, synopsis and the chapter summaries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: