QueryTracker Community
July 18, 2018, 02:06:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My First—Now Second!—Paid Writing!  (Read 3414 times)
JBeachum

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 11:46:39 AM »

Congratulations! My first paid writing gig was a 500-word article on hemorrhoid cream. I got paid $5. Yep...a penny per word.

Repped by Marisa Corvisiero of the Corvisiero Literary Agency
gckatz

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »

Great job! Article writing is never a big cash cow, but it's so amazing seeing your work out there!

slightlysmall

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 11:53:10 AM »

Congratulations! My first paid writing gig was a 500-word article on hemorrhoid cream. I got paid $5. Yep...a penny per word.

Thank you! Mine's 705 words and I got paid $7.50, so I'm about there at a penny per word. But I don't think I spent more than half an hour on it, writing and editing combined, so I still made more than minimum wage (as long as you don't count "marketing" time) at least?

And thanks, GC. It is really nice, even just to send an invoice from the "My Writing" master folder on my computer instead of "Freelance Editing."

I had a goal for the year to "get paid for something I've written," and mentally told myself it was fine even if I made $5. So technically that's an annual goal checked off before the end of the first quarter. Time to use my newly acquired confidence to work on submitting short stories for publication... Smiley

JBeachum

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 01:30:56 PM »

I definitely did not spend just a half an hour on mine, so you're way ahead of where I was. The good news is, this just grows and grows from here. You'll get better-paying jobs until you're commanding a lot more than a penny per word. I actually turned that $0.01-per-word gig into a full-time digital marketing career, so, you know, hooray for exciting beginnings.

Repped by Marisa Corvisiero of the Corvisiero Literary Agency
izzibella

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 08:45:22 PM »

Congrats, just read your article. Well done. Wishing you well on all of your future paid writing assignments.
slightlysmall

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 03:02:59 PM »

Second paid writing through Her View From Home!

Somehow, my sweet big girl turned four a week and a half ago. Sometimes it seems like I just found out I was pregnant, and sometimes I can't believe she's not seven, since she's always seemed older than she is. These days, all she wants is to be a little bit older. I wrote this article for her birthday to remind her it's okay to slow down.

https://herviewfromhome.com/dear-daughter-may-you-revel-in-this-time-of-being-little/

blackhat

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2018, 09:08:52 AM »

I read your article. What a very sweet reminder for all of us. Enjoy fully the age and time that you find yourself in and be in no hurry to move on. Thanks for the words and the wisdom behind them.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: