QueryTracker Community
December 11, 2018, 05:31:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IS NO RESPONSE ON MY FULL A REJECTION?  (Read 4029 times)
Tylertwo

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 01:02:20 AM »

Rachel, your first experience is what I dream of. Heck, I'll take the second one, too.
Rachael846

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 04:10:49 AM »

Yeah, just shows both ends of the spectrum are possible. Smiley
Thulsa_Doom

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 07:09:45 AM »

Anything is possible really. I had an agent take 24 hours to read my full, but she dumped me 18 months later, so quick reads might not translate to the lot of gold.

I had an agent not respond on a full, and one who took six months before offering.

Got an agent, lost an agent, got another one.
MookyMcD

"hilarious and offensive and usually accurate"

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 03:55:42 PM »

FWIW, Jenny (jmundycastle) recently nudged an agent who'd had her full for a long time (I'm not sure how many months, but it seemed OK to nudge) and got a very apologetic email back saying her manuscript must have fallen between the cracks because she (the agent) had no idea she'd received it.

I put the nati in Illuminati
michaeljmcdonagh.wordpress.com
mgmystery

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 07:40:04 AM »

It seems I've had all of the experiences with fulls. One agent kept mine for over a year but eventually responded. Many agents take several months. At least 2 confirmed receiving the full, but never responded further.

The one that was interesting, though, was a full request from a contest which I waited for the better part of a year for a response. After seeing a tweet that he gives feedback on all fulls, I sent him an email to see if mine was still on the waiting list. I'd kept the original emails, and he responded the following day saying he didn't know what had happened but he had no record of it & he would still be interested in reading the full.
alislove

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 02:27:42 PM »

I'm in this boat too. It is so confusing. This is my first time querying so It's all new to me.

I'm considering mine a reject and I've been heavily rewriting. The lack of response made me revisit my manuscript. I've shown more readers who all had a similar concern about my beginning being more cryptic than suspenseful.  I'm sure this is not your problem but I've found the "rejection", real or imagined, valuable to my manuscript. I haven't queried this thing in months because the lack of response (although I know it is normal) kind of thwarted me. I'm in final proofing mode again now and getting ready to jump back in the ring. Finally.

Anyway, hang on! I'm sure we'll hear something someday from someone! zip it confused zip it
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 02:30:10 PM by alislove » Logged
Thulsa_Doom

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 08:25:18 PM »

Yes.

"Look, if you’ve had something in with an agent for six months, and they haven’t so much as responded to your idea, it’s clearly not ringing their bell. Move on."

http://www.macgregorliterary.com/blog/how-long-should-an-agent-take-with-my-submission/

Got an agent, lost an agent, got another one.
Mimsy811

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 01:47:06 PM »

It is the most disheartening thing to not hear anything, ever, after a full request. This has happened to me twice. I finally CNR'd. It was suggested in the forum a while back that some agents do indeed cast a wide net and will really only read if you get another offer of representation. I don't care for this practice. It seems almost mean spirited to get an author's hopes up with a full request with no intention of reading it unless they fine out someone else is interested.  Response times on my fulls have really varied for me--anywhere from over a long weekend to a few months.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: