QueryTracker Community
June 24, 2018, 01:56:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Way to Mark an Entire Agency?  (Read 511 times)
koji

« on: June 01, 2018, 03:31:10 AM »

I am not sure if I am missing how to do it or if the feature is simply not there, but is there a way to mark all agents at an agency?

For example- when an agency is a "pass from one=pass from all" agency, I'd like to be able to mark that agency as queried so I don't keep looking it up when a different agent from that agency comes up in a search, without having to manually mark each agent from the agency as do not query.

Does that make sense? Is there a way to do that?
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 03:01:37 PM »

No, sorry, there is no way to do that. You could use folders to mark the agents of other agencies that you queried, but still you would have to do it one agent at a time. I'll look into marking entire agencies and see how much it would take.
Munley

Mr. Fluff -- from the SPCA

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 05:15:06 PM »

I'm a little confused about your having to look up each agent in an certain agency when one of their agents' names pops up some future search beyond the time when a no from one is a no from all.

If, for example, you queried Ms. Victoria Hobbs at A.M. Heath & Co. Ltd,
you will see a box in the lower right corner of her main QT page that says "Also at this Agency."
In that box will be the names of all the agents who work there.

If the policy is a no from one is a no from all, you would have to click on each agent in that "Also at this Agency" box to bring up each agent's main page and mark it "Do not query," but those names would be marked DNQ for all time, unless you decide to unmark them. It takes only a few minutes. If their names pop up in any future search, you'll see that big red X by each of their names. Case closed.

For an experiment, so  I don't steer you wrong, I just tried this with every agent at A.M. Heath & Co., Ltd.
Then I did a search for all agents located in the United Kingdom, which is their location. All of their agents now show that red X.

One thing that often confuses me during my searches is not seeing that "Also-at-this-Agency box" or other boxes I expect to see to the far right of the page. That happens when I had hit CTRL+ sometime in the course of my day to make everything on my browser screen look bigger. The effect on a QT agent page is to completely shove the whole right side into oblivion. So I just hit CTRL- to get back to the regular size. Then everything that's supposed to be on an agent's page returns to my view.
Terri_Martin

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 04:25:16 PM »

What I do with agents from a No from One is a No from All agency is assign the other agents a specific query status number and leave a note in the comments to that effect. (although as I write this I'm not sure if status and notes are available at the free level or Premium membership-only features). I use query status 9 for my personal DNQ list, with reasons, usually for being poorly organized, obnoxious behavior online, ghosting friends, etc.
koji

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 05:39:57 AM »

Thanks Patrick, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Munley, yes, I know I can go through and mark each agent at the agency by looking at the agency list. I was just checking if there was a way to do it quickly instead of one by one. (As some agencies have 20-30 agents).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: