QueryTracker Community
April 22, 2019, 09:53:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The website is live  (Read 194 times)
Waterfall

« on: February 20, 2019, 09:56:32 PM »

Hi, all.

In support of the new nonfiction book coming in April, I've started a new website at herbchildress.com. The nonfiction is under the tabs for Books and Articles, the fiction is under Craft Gallery, and the tab called Slush is the opening chapter of a manuscript I've written about the joys and despairs of the fiction writer's life. Feel free to browse around, and welcome!

(It feels odd, and a little revealing, to have a link here to something under my own IRL name, after a couple of years here as Waterfall... embarrassed2)

kaperton

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 03:29:24 PM »

This is a nice site! I love the photos, especially the one on your articles page.
You didn't ask for feedback, but when I come on this site, I get in critical mode, so...sorry. It's just that the picture of your "Landscapes" is so blurry. It takes away from an otherwise really professional and attractive site.  And in general, the photos are a little large. Really nice, though. Thanks for sharing!
Waterfall

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 06:00:11 PM »

Thanks for your comments, Kaperton, and no problems with the critique. The cover image for Landscapes is as high-res as I've been able to get, given that it was only ever posted online by the publisher as a thumbnail, back in 1999. The cover image on Amazon is actually better quality than the one on the publisher's website.

And I agree that I have some work to do in Wordpress on making those images a little smaller. The theme (2017) is easy to use, but it's optimized for phone and tablet use rather than my old-school laptop...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: