QueryTracker Community
December 12, 2018, 07:14:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YA Critique partner  (Read 1886 times)
beccapie42

« on: June 21, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »

Hello! I’m looking for a critique partner for my YA novel that I am in the process of revising. It has been published small press but I will have my rights back soon as they discontinued the imprint. It is a modern high fantasy.

Seventeen-year-old Laura White, princess of Karkonia, has been ordered to murder her older sister, Alicia.

The job should be easy enough. Laura hates Alicia for betraying their family and joining a rebellion set on usurping their father, the Emperor. Besides, Laura’s been killing at her father’s command since she was eleven.

But before Laura gets the chance to end her sister’s life, she is dragged into the mess of the rebellion by her bodyguard, Shane Kagae. As Laura and Shane uncover secrets that her father has been keeping for years, they realize that Alicia and the rebels may have been right about the Emperor all along. When their disloyalty comes to light, Laura is forced to choose between saving Shane’s life and remaining loyal to her father. She chooses Shane, and they flee the palace, Laura’s heart breaking with every step.

Will she return to her father’s side to lead the war or give up her crown forever to help the rebellion?
gary

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 01:44:45 AM »

I'd be interested, if you are still available. My book:

One Most Important Thing, is a contemporary YA story of 62,000 words, a mystery as both whodoneit and whydoneit.

Fourteen-year-old Joey Davidson, a boy with autism, has a secret he's kept since learning to lie. He's tucked it into a long list of guilts that define his life. Making friends and dealing with people is nearly impossible for Joey. He wants to be normal, but his fairy-godmother says it’s a long-term project. On the day he's placed on the autism spectrum at age four, his father rejects him. Joey’s mother is dying of cancer. Even the fairy-godmother deserts him. Abandonment is his greatest fear.

In junior high, the Desert Rats, a diverse gang of latch-key Arizona desert trailer-park boys, each broken in their own way, befriend him. When Bud moves into the neighborhood, relationships change. One night, Bud’s trailer bursts into flames. Detectives investigate the arson and murder. Joey's afraid his friends will abandon him if they knew his secret.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: