QueryTracker Community
September 22, 2018, 12:25:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lunch with Munley  (Read 479 times)
NextChapter

« on: July 08, 2018, 08:13:25 AM »

I have just returned home from a week of vacationing in Nova Scotia. I was honored to have lunch with Munley, who is kind, sparkling and witty -- just like her comments on this forum.

If anyone is coming to Williamsburg, VA, send me a private message if you would like to meet for lunch. It's such fun to get to know the person behind the avatar.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:04:51 PM by NextChapter » Logged
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 04:12:47 AM »

That's pretty neat! And your offer is nice!  Smiley

I haven't met any QT'er in person, though I once had a dream that I did. Turned out that person was a cannibal, and I was drugged so I'd be easy prey. I did get away, though. The dream was long and scary, but I was able to figure out where most of the pieces came from. Thanks, day residue (Freud).

I'm sorry you hadn't received any replies until mine. I think if you'd stated something in your title about meeting a QT'er in person, this thread might've gotten more action. When I saw "lunch with an author", I thought it was some kind of raffle or something.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.  Smiley

ETA: There might be other stories that I've missed, but two QT'ers met up at Disneyland once, and two others found each other and have built a life together.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:55:04 PM by 007 fan » Logged

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
slightlysmall

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 11:25:51 AM »

That is awesome! I'm glad you and Munley had the chance to meet up for lunch, NextChapter!

007, that was me! Well, half-me, technically. Smiley I've been privileged enough to meet catsandstuff/Adriana three times. Disneyland, Universal Studios, and briefly in my hometown when one of her movies was here. And I've been to signings for gckatz and Mary Lindsey, the latter of whom I got chat with afterward for quite a while. (daycare situations prevented that from happening with gc, too) and I'm meeting Sam/previously spikethebunny in March.

Obviously I'm worried about meeting strangers from the internet... or not.

Which reminds me, if anyone plans to visit Portland, Oregon, DM me!

raballard

ever feel like you are chasing the roadrunner?

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 07:48:20 PM »

we were in Williamsburg 2 years ago.

www.raballard-mymind.blogspot.com/
May your life be full of sunshine, even when your skies are gray.
May you find the strength to go on when you think you lost your way
NextChapter

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 07:26:44 AM »

we were in Williamsburg 2 years ago.

Sadly, that was before I retired to pursue the dream of becoming a successful author.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: