QueryTracker Community
November 19, 2018, 05:02:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AGENT TWITTER  (Read 291 times)
Zooks

www.MaryVettel.com

« on: November 02, 2018, 10:56:57 AM »

Has anybody else noticed how many agents are not keeping up with their Twitter accounts? Some have been dormant for 3-4+ years.  Yet writers are supposed to keep their 'platform' alive and well. Seems a bit off-kilter to me. Just venting.

NOOKS & GRANNIES - quirky paranormal
GATSBY DELANEY - 7TH GRADE IMPRESARIO - MG
THIS AIN'T NO COWBOY MOVIE -  YA
BROGWIN FRAYNEY AND HOW HE NEARLY SAVED A KINGDOM - MG
DEATH AT THE DRIVE-IN - Fiction - Published - available on Amazon
MOTORCYCLE BABIES - YA
A SCOUNDREL'S TALE - fiction
kaperton

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 11:30:30 AM »

Personally, I love when an agent isn't on Twitter all the time. There's nothing more frustrating than seeing an agent who hasn't responded to your query tweeting twenty times a day about the kooky interaction they had on the train or the weird design they found in their cappuccino. I know it's their right to post whatever they want, but I had to unfollow a few for that reason. The worst is when you've just sent them a query about, say, a historical romance where the main character has polio, and get no response, then a few days later they tweet, "Looking for a historical romance where the MC has polio. Anyone??? #MSWL" Smiley
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:34:22 AM by kaperton » Logged
Sprinkledcone

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 02:15:19 PM »

I second Kaperton.

I hate seeing weeks and weeks of unanswered queries while an agent is posting 20+ a day on Twitter. DO YOUR JOB! Also...many of these people live in such a bubble that they spew every thought/belief out there, assuming that everyone will agree with them. Some of them come across as really snooty, hateful people and it is such a pity.
jessikalindst

Holy Frijoles Batman!!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 02:36:59 PM »

Also...many of these people live in such a bubble that they spew every thought/belief out there, assuming that everyone will agree with them. Some of them come across as really snooty, hateful people and it is such a pity.

I TOTALLY agree with you here. That sort of behavior makes me question just how 'professional' they are. I mean, it's all right to have an opinion, we all do about things, but nobody has to be rude about it, it's called being respectful and realizing that not everyone is in the same bubble.
koji

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 01:24:59 AM »

My only question is why are you bothering to query agents if you find them unprofessional or don't think they would suit you? There are plenty who don't use twitter. Plenty who do. Pick what fits and move on, perhaps, instead of thinking everyone should live their life according to your needs and wants.
jessikalindst

Holy Frijoles Batman!!

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 09:17:22 AM »

My only question is why are you bothering to query agents if you find them unprofessional or don't think they would suit you? There are plenty who don't use twitter. Plenty who do. Pick what fits and move on, perhaps, instead of thinking everyone should live their life according to your needs and wants.

I do agree, and you're totally right--it is a waste of time to do that. For me, I was just thinking of one incident where I thought it'd be a pretty good fit only to realize later that it wasn't...which thankfully, nothing happened with it so it's basically water under the bridge now.
Sorry if my earlier comment came across as sounding entitled, I never meant for it too. sorry
koji

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 09:41:05 AM »

I'm a bit on the cranky/short side. So I probably came across as too harsh.
jessikalindst

Holy Frijoles Batman!!

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 09:54:25 AM »

Understandable koji. I had a grouchy day yesterday myself, we all have those kind of days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: