QueryTracker Community
November 19, 2018, 05:03:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have an agent - thanks all for your query help!  (Read 245 times)
kaperton

« on: November 06, 2018, 02:36:06 PM »

A few weeks ago, I posted my query here for feedback and received some great advice. I sent out my revised query to three agents and received requests for fulls from two almost immediately. One of those offered me representation two and a half days later. I am beyond happy to be working with Hannah Mann from Writers House. I feel incredibly lucky to have found someone who has a vision for my book and believes in it as much as (maybe more than!) I do.

I encourage everyone to post their queries for review on this site. It was a huge help to me.
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 04:42:47 PM »

Congrats!  clap

Just peeked at your query. The revision is 329 words, just for the meat. A good example that less isn't necessarily better.

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
kaperton

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 06:23:31 PM »

That's right! It was definitely on the longer side, because I just couldn't make it shorter and say everything I wanted to say. The word count of the manuscript is also too long for YA (97K - yikes). I obviously have trouble being succinct!
Pineapplejuice

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 12:07:55 AM »

YEy! I just had a look to see which query that was. It doesn't surprise me you got an agent! It was awesome!  Drunken Duet

If you go to Hannah's QT page and click on 'report a success story' you could report it as a success story and then maybe ( if you're willing to share ) post the query that worked! :D

https://querytracker.net/agent.php?agent=8669

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:44:07 AM by Pineapplejuice » Logged
kaperton

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 08:32:17 AM »

YEy! I just had a look to see which query that was. It doesn't surprise me you got an agent! It was awesome!  Drunken Duet

Thanks, Pineapplejuice. And thanks for all your help on my query! You do a lot of editing/reviewing on this site, and you're very generous with your time.

If you go to Hannah's QT page and click on 'report a success story' you could report it as a success story and then maybe ( if you're willing to share ) post the query that worked! :D

https://querytracker.net/agent.php?agent=8669

Cool! I did that, thanks for the tip!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:13:51 PM by kaperton » Logged
TigerAsh

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 04:10:26 PM »

A few weeks ago, I posted my query here for feedback and received some great advice. I sent out my revised query to three agents and received requests for fulls from two almost immediately. One of those offered me representation two and a half days later. I am beyond happy to be working with Hannah Mann from Writers House. I feel incredibly lucky to have found someone who has a vision for my book and believes in it as much as (maybe more than!) I do.

I encourage everyone to post their queries for review on this site. It was a huge help to me.

Congratulations!  clap Thumbs Up cheer Party Guy
Pineapplejuice

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 01:41:15 AM »

You're welcome Kaperton. Thanks for noticing haha  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: