QueryTracker Community
November 19, 2018, 05:59:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Signed with an agent... what about outstanding queries?  (Read 131 times)
DNE44

« on: November 07, 2018, 12:37:14 PM »

I have just signed with an agent for my MG Fantasy novel, but I have about a half-dozen queries still out. One of them has the option to withdraw through an online form, but the rest were all email queries.

Do I need to reach out to them to let them know and withdraw my queries? Or do I just worry about it if I hear back from them? What's the standard?

Thank you in advance!
jcwrites

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 01:12:02 PM »

Do I need to reach out to them to let them know and withdraw my queries?

The polite, considerate thing to do is to thank them and let them know you've signed with an agent. It doesn't have to be all involved, just a one-sentence statement will do. That way no one will waste time reading material that's no longer available. (And it keeps your bridges intact should you need to pass that way again.)

And congratulations to you. Well done!

kaperton

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 01:33:15 PM »

Congratulations!

I would say no. I only let the agent who had my manuscript know. I felt a little presumptuous writing the others, when chances are, they weren't going to reply to my query anyway...and so far, none have!
Tabris

I rock!

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 02:30:00 PM »

I wouldn't notify anyone who had only the query because it will only give them more email to sort through and/or work if they are trying to figure out which is your initial query. If you were going to do that, the time was before you signed. Since you didn't do it then, just decline if they email you to request more information.

Come visit my weblog!
DNE44

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 07:47:27 PM »

Thank you everyone!  None of the agents in question had full- or partial-requests, just unsolicited queries.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: