QueryTracker Community
April 22, 2019, 09:23:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Querying and #pitmad  (Read 577 times)
klclou

« on: November 25, 2018, 07:27:39 PM »

So, you've sent out your carefully tailored query letters to several agents. You sincerely hope any of them will be interested in your work. Maybe one or two have even expressed some interest in seeing more. And then #pitmad is coming and you want to participate, with the same work. Suddenly it's gone from 'I believe you are the agent I am seeking' to 'hey agents, agents, look at this!'.

What is the etiquette here? Would an agent be put off or not, do you think?
koji

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 12:56:46 PM »

I don't think an agent would be put off to know you tried pitmad. The idea behind pitmad is not that you willy-nilly send to every agent who requests. Instead it is a way for agents to say, "Hey, that sounds interesting, let's see if we fit." So, just because you do pitmad, it isn't saying you would take any agent or that you are not serious about researching agents.
Munley

Mr. Fluff -- from the SPCA

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 08:05:35 PM »

Not sure how broad an answer you want regarding etiquette. Here is a link that goes into details on what to do and not do.

http://pitchwars.org/pitmad/

I was surprised that this Pitmad posting recommended sending your manuscript or sample pages (whatever the agent asks for) to agents who have already rejected your traditional query if those agent request your ms. in response to  your Pitmad tweet. It tells you how to go about doing that re-send.

Good luck with your pitch. I might try it this time. Never have so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: