QueryTracker Community
April 25, 2019, 02:43:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MG Fantasy Pitch  (Read 1547 times)
A.J.thekid

« on: December 11, 2018, 08:34:43 PM »

Here are my first three attempts. Notes welcome!!!

A Middle-Grade fantasy where a girl has to fight evil to protect our world and battle her grandfather to keep her sanity.

A murdered Guardian, a werewolf army, a guide who wants nothing to do with you: a good way to start your role as the youngest Guardian of Earth.

For the recently elected guardian of Earth, battling an evil army is secondary compared to fighting her cantankerous grandfather.
grayflower

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:29:41 AM »

Hi there!

No one's gotten back to you, so hopefully, I'm not too late! I think your first one is strongest. When I think of elevator pitches, I literally imagine getting into an elevator with you dream agent. They ask "oh, what's your story about?" And you say...

"It's a children's fantasy about a (insert age) year old girl trying to figure out middle school and battle her evil grandpa!"

Quick, snappy, and makes me want to know why the heck she's battling her evil grandpa. Save the details for the query and synopsis! Best of luck!
A.J.thekid

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 08:31:13 PM »

Hey Grayflower,

Thanks so much! and I agree, the first is the most impactful and I do like your suggestion!

I appreciate you taking the time to read and suggest!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: