QueryTracker Community
January 20, 2019, 07:21:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing Headers using Microsoft Word 7 question!  (Read 306 times)
Jodic

« on: December 20, 2018, 11:55:28 AM »

Hello Everyone!!!

I am trying to change the header on page 4 of my Microsoft Word (7) document and having zero success.

Yes, I suppose I'm a village idiot!!!

I created a break on page 4. And successfully changed the header on page 4.

Problem is, on page 5, it reverts back to the old header.

Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

I would be GREATLY APPRECIATIVE!!!

kaperton

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 12:35:25 PM »

Did you create a page break or a section break? A page break shouldn't affect it, and you shouldn't need a section break. I avoid section breaks wherever possible. They cause so many problems.
But if you must use section breaks, I believe you'll have to change your header for each section.
007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 02:45:42 PM »

Sometimes I have glitches too!  sad

I have two ways to fix things, and one of them always works.

First, I'll hit return key and get area that I want changed to a different part of the page, make my change, then delete extra spaces until the moved material is back in place.

Second, if first thing didn't work, I'll clear formatting (using styles and formatting) from the trouble area, then start fresh.

We have some resident experts...maybe one will pop in and offer a better solution for both of us!  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:14:22 PM by 007 fan » Logged

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
slightlysmall

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 07:22:38 PM »

This is what I do! If you're still lost, message me and I'll send you my email address and a) fix it and b) let you know what went wrong and how to avoid it.

007 fan

Eye right store ease.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 08:24:02 PM »

Nice!

I just wanted to add for the original poster: to clear formatting for an area (vs. whole MS), just highlight the trouble area as if you are going to delete the material, leave it that way, then go to styles and formatting and select "clear format"...that's if the first trick didn't work.  Smiley

writer                                                                          Computer Basher
Jodic

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 09:25:04 AM »

Hello everyone and thank you for your amazing replies!!!

I fixed it with your help!

Now....at least we have this thread because inevitably, when I have to do this again I'll forget and I have a reference to go back to! And hopefully this will assist other frustrated writers with the same task! You all are ROCK STARS! (and judging by the amount of exclamation points in this message, I don't need that last cup of coffee!)!

Thanks again!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: