QueryTracker Community
May 26, 2019, 05:58:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YA Fantasy - First or Third Person?  (Read 545 times)
SincerelySinclair

« on: April 05, 2019, 12:16:32 PM »

I'm struggling with a new project of mine and I can't for the life of me decide whether I want to write it in first or third person. Typically, I'm always in third person but as this is a different project than I'm used to, I think it might be better to go to first. What does the usual YA Fantasy book write in? I need to decide if I'm going to follow the current tradition or go new.
kaperton

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 07:49:28 PM »

What does the usual YA Fantasy book write in?

I read YA, but not fantasy. Most of what I read is in first person and a lot is in present tense. But I feel like if you don't know the answer to this question, you need to get out there and read the current books in your genre. Even though I hate doing it sometimes because it brings up all kinds of anxiety for me, I make myself keep up, at least somewhat, with what's out there.
maciesnow

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 10:14:43 AM »

I read and write a lot of YA. A good amount of it is in the first person. Plus, I usually always write in the first person cause it allows me to get into my character's head more than writing in third.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: