QueryTracker Community
May 26, 2019, 06:22:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Schulman Agency  (Read 315 times)
jreo513

« on: April 24, 2019, 06:26:26 PM »

Hello -- I tried searching for her in the search box but got a weird message. I've looked through her stats/comments on her query tracker listing, but I'm wondering if anyone has had her as an agent or knows anyone who has had her as an agent? I'm finding it a bit strange that she doesn't have a separate agency website and just uses her pubishers marketplace listing instead.   
Pyrrhonist

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 03:37:19 PM »

Quite a few agents don't have websites and instead just use those listings. As you can see from the stats, they suffer no shortage of submissions.
rabidwriter

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 12:27:10 PM »

I don't have any firsthand experience with this agency, but typically when I have questions like these, I look to see if there's a thread on Absolute Write: https://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?8590-Susan-Schulman-A-Literary-Agency. After a quick skim of the posts, it looks like some clients and former clients have posted here. Take it with a grain of salt, but the thread may answer some of your questions.

Also, there isn't really anything inherently shady about an agent using Publisher's Marketplace as their website. Several of the agents at Writer's House do just this (though there is an agency website).
Jodic

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 08:19:08 AM »

Hello!

I sent her a query via Publishers Marketplace info. She requested a full and then a r and r. Ultimately she passed. But she does communicate. That said, a number of times my emails got lost for some reason, and I had to send things a couple times. The Absolute thread posted above does provide some food for thought.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: