Query Tracker Community
October 25, 2014, 07:16:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Nora Roberts fans out there?  (Read 703 times)
Silence18

« on: July 15, 2010, 07:48:05 PM »

Okay, I am pretty much a die-hard YA'er(woot!). The few 'adult' books in my bookcase are mainly James Herriot, and Water for Elephants(so excited that's being turned into a movie! And u Twilight fans, guess who's playing the main mcó that's right, Robert Pattinson!) Okay, sorry about that, I got off track!

So I go to JayC this evening, and see a book by Nora Roberts called The Search w/ a Lab on the cover. I like dogs(owner of a small black poodle named Licorice), so I picked it up to read the first few pages. Liked it, bought it, still liking it on page 49. I was teary eyed on page 16, and laughed outloud on 31.

Anyway just thought I'd share my non-YA experience!  Grin

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is like the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. ~ Mark Twain

www.leandrajwallace.blogspot.com
The Mad Celt

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 12:48:35 AM »

She also writes Murder Mystery under the pen name J. D. Robb.

I have all 29 in the series sitting on the book shelf.

Yes, I think I can write my way out of a paper bag.  But, why?  It is warm and safe in here, and I have snacks!
Silence18

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 07:23:38 AM »

Holy crap! 29! She's a busy lady!

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is like the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. ~ Mark Twain

The Mad Celt

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 12:46:18 AM »

They aren't great literature, but they are fun.  I call them my 'potato chips for the brain'.

Yes, I think I can write my way out of a paper bag.  But, why?  It is warm and safe in here, and I have snacks!
Silence18

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 02:10:44 PM »

Cute! And I'm all about fun! I especially love it when a book can make me laugh outloud.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: