Author Topic: Women's Fiction beta needed  (Read 1709 times)

Offline sarah_biglow

• It's a long and winding road
    • Offical Site
Women's Fiction beta needed
« on: August 26, 2011, 08:20:42 AM »
Hi all.

I've just finished a round of revisions on my women's fiction manuscript, UNPLANNED (84,000 words).  I'm looking for a beta to tackle it for grammar and punctuation.  I have this issue where I don't use enough commas.  I'm also looking for someone to review it for content and flow.  I would be very grateful if someone could help me out.

I'm hoping to shop it to a handful of publishers that accept unagented submissions by mid-September.

Here's the blurb from my query:

Four women step into a Wednesday afternoon prenatal yoga class as strangers struggling with their own pregnancy problems: Shannon with money troubles, Lisbeth with coming out to her family about her partner, Renee with her boyfriend’s abandonment and Erika with her alcoholism.  Over the coming months they become a family, sharing in the discomfort of awkward yoga poses and the joys, trials and tragedy that pregnancy brings to their lives.

UNPLANNED, complete at 84,000 words, is a work of women’s fiction told from the viewpoint of four very distinct women and will appeal to fans of Jennifer Chiaverini’s THE QUILTER’S APPRENTICE and Anne Brashares’s THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:37:38 AM by sarah_biglow »
UNPLANNED [Women's Fiction] (Dec. 21, 2012, MUSA PUBLISHING)