Author Topic: YA fantasy chapter or two swap?  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Bookscribe

YA fantasy chapter or two swap?
« on: September 04, 2011, 07:05:05 PM »
I've written a YA fantasy written in first person, alternating narration and am interested to find out what others think of my first two chapters, particularly because the first one is, for now, technically being called a prologue. All I'll say, to not give anything away, is it takes place before the rest of the book and is written in a different style than the rest, so I want to know how the two work together.
Anyway, I'd be willing to read someone else's in return, especially if it's YA fantasy/action/adventure etc. as that's what I read and write, so that's what I'm best at. I'm pretty good with grammar/punctuation/sentence structure, but I'll also comment on character/intro/plot logic and any personal requests.
Disclaimer: I won't be willing to read anything exessively dark, gory, or would be found in the rated mature section of your library. And I wouldn't recommend handing me a vampire-based novel, for everybody's sanity  ;D Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:35:42 PM by Bookscribe »
Being a writer is like having homework every night for the rest of your life. ~ Lawrence Kasdan

Offline RalucaB

Re: YA fantasy chapter or two swap?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
Hi Bookscribe!

I, too, hate vampires. Having been born in Romania, I'm insulted at what vampires have become lately. :puke:

Anyways, I'd love to swap a few chapters with you, if you're interested. My genre is sci fi dystopian (I think - I'm still not sure!), but it's more character-based. It's not too dark, but there is the occasional blood. Some of it is set at a concentration camp. I'd like to know, mostly, how my plot/characters come off.

When I critique work, I'm likely to comment on everything. Character, plot, grammar... everything. I'm not an expert, but I know what I like. And I like what's good, lol. :wink:

Let me know if you want to exchange emails!

Offline KathrynRose

• Kathryn Rose
Re: YA fantasy chapter or two swap?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 06:50:42 PM »
I'd love to swap a few chapters. Mine's a Camelot steampunk (which, I totally understand, is not for everybody--if this isn't your cup of tea, I understand! :) ).

When I critique, I'm a lot like Raluca--I comment on everything. I've critiqued three other writers' works, and I think I'm pretty good, if tough. :) For a few chapters, depending on how long they are, I can have them back to you within a week, tops. Probably within 2-3 days.

Let me know either way! kathryn.kupanoff@gmail.com,

Cheers!