Author Topic: Critique Partner wanted for literary fiction coming of age story  (Read 2323 times)

Offline petmyrhino

Hey all,
I've got a polished manuscript (100,000 words, lit fiction -- coming of age story) that I've been sending out to agents (yes, they request it!), but no one has taken it yet. I fear that it may be my opening chapters and could use a great editor who can see how the beginning relates to the overall story AND who can still help me make those opening chapters shine.  In exchange, I'd be more than happy to edit your manuscript as well. We can do it chapter by chapter or what have you. I'm open.  I can help with query letters, synopses, you name it. I will give a serious and considered critique, but I do want the same. I've had plenty of beta readers tell me how much they love it, but they're all biased in my favor.

We can exchange the opening pages to see if there's a match, and if so, woo hoo, let's do it!

Offline Eric

Re: Critique Partner wanted for literary fiction coming of age story
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 07:54:56 AM »
Hey, I will be willing to give it a go, my book is a comic fantasy that got a couple of request but was said to need editing. Know they are different genre's but I read all kinds and have a similar word count. just let me know then we can give it a go on the first couple of chapters :)

Offline CSMward

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 08:14:42 PM »
I am mainly interested in literary fiction and would be (potentially) willing to help you out. I use Chicago Manual of Style guidelines in proofing and editing, if that works for you.

Offline CSMward

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 11:03:05 PM »
OMG petmyrhino, I was reading Eric's first three chapters, and I was going, this is fantasy, this isn't a literary fiction coming of age story, I hope it's not going to hurt his feelings when I tell him! LOL There's no laughing emoticon but I am cracking up. Eric, pardon my stupidity/dyslexia. I've been hit on the head too hard.

& petmyrhino (what kind of handle is that? is this guy a freak? a genius? a rhino?) Don't make me beg. Where is this literary fiction coming of age story? That sounds like something I would read.

*sigh*

I've been out of grad school too long and I miss the artistic dialogue.

:koolaid: