Author Topic: Looking for YA Crit partner/s  (Read 3609 times)

Offline ajcastle

• Amanda Castle
Looking for YA Crit partner/s
« on: September 05, 2011, 11:00:42 AM »
Hi all! I'm looking for at least one, but a few crit partners would be great. I would like to team up with other YA writers only, please. I write straight (contemporary) YA, YA urban fantasy, and YA paranormal. I am playing around with a YA which deals with grief and death at the moment, and have also started a YA Urban fantasy. I need a partner who can read through my work, ask questions about what they don't understand, can *constructively* critique things that aren't working, and can maybe kick my butt when I start flaking on writing. I have been battling with confidence based writer's block for a good year now, so I'm afraid someone who is too blunt will not be a good fit for me right now. Perhaps when my confidence is back up to par that might be okay, but not now. That's not to say I want all sunshine and rainbows, I definitely need someone to tell me what's not working, I just need them to be able to deliver it in a way that won't make me want to delete every word I've written to date. Haha.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in a partner and can off some help to me, I'd be appreciative. :) Thanks!

Offline baf0922

Re: Looking for YA Crit partner/s
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 11:12:20 AM »
Hey!

I've written two YA novels: one paranormal mystery dealing with reincarnation and the second is listed as contemporary.  If you're still looking for a crit partner, let me know.  I'd be happy to swap or whatever.

Becky

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:30:45 PM by baf0922 »

Offline MissLM

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 04:05:52 PM »
Hello there,

I'd be interested, as well. I write all types of YA, and have recently been working on one that I would like to get some constructive feedback on. It's just a modern day YA, no fantasy involved whatsoever, which is a little out of the ordinary for me. Anyway, let me know. I've never done this before.

:).

Offline BrwnEyedGirl

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 05:19:35 PM »
I suppose i'm a little late to the party, but I would also like to join.  I wrote a YA paranormal romance.  If you are interested you can e-mail me at asympcomas@yahoo.com 

Hope to hear from you soon!

N
Blood and Bones - Finished - 83,000 Urban Fantasy - Partial Out - May 09,2011

Tattered Memories - Finished - 60,000 Paranormal Romance Young Adult - Partial Out - May 05, 2011

Shade Reflections - In The Works - Suicide/Ghost story - YA

Whispering Waltz - In The Works - Novella - Paranormal Roman

Offline iBel29

• http://ibel29.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »
I hope i can be part of this group, I write YA paranormal, and as you have listed I need someone to also point out those stuff in my manuscript I am also willing to do the same. Let me know if you are interested, we could do a test swap to see if we fit right
if so my email is: thik_zodiac@hotmail.com

Offline Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

• This, too, shall pass
    • Sarah Ahiers
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 08:57:43 AM »
I may also be looking for new crit partners soon (next two weeks i'll be out of town). I may be emailing a few of you later.

I write YA fantasy (good times. good times).
sarah.ahiers@gmail.com
Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website