Author Topic: How do you pass the time??  (Read 7221 times)

Offline AlythiaB

• Publishing Tips for the Restless Writer
Re: How do you pass the time??
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 03:37:29 PM »
Rock climbing is awesome. So wish I could get into it, but all the gyms are so expensive and they don't have childcare. Whitegardenia, I would totally go for the food too, so I run instead. Music on my iPod + time to myself + exercise = me thinking about writing NOT publishers or agents!

But oddly enough, while I was waiting for this agent, I landed a publisher for the same work! I sent the agent a heads up to let her know I had sent out the revisions, and then another notice to let her know I'd received a contract and still nothing. Oh, well. Maybe she'll get back to me by the time I'm ready to submit the next book--I'd love to work with her still.  :)
Represented by Moe Ferrara, BookEnds, LLC
www.alyconner.com

Offline absterschmidt

• “A man without tattoos is invisible to the Gods.”
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 09:33:21 AM »
AlythiaB, come visit me and I'll take you rock climbing!

Offline iBel29

• http://ibel29.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 11:58:20 AM »
Yeah I think its best to send out queries, just in case you are able to catch other agents, even you favourite agents. I get check my mail a million times hoping to get a response, sometimes I am even most happy when its just a rejection. Then I go back to fix my query, my manuscript and just keep writing something new, and well pass time by doing other fun stuff. But all the best hey.

Offline AlythiaB

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 01:47:22 PM »
Yes! I'm sometimes happy just getting the rejection letter, as odd as that sounds. And where in the world are you abster??? Let's form a rocking climbing party! LOL!
www.alyconner.com

Offline absterschmidt

• “A man without tattoos is invisible to the Gods.”
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 03:52:30 PM »
I'm in Chicago---one of the worst places for rock climbing. ;-) But there's kickbutt indoor wall and places within a days drive. Come visit!

Offline LisaAnn

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 11:50:30 PM »
Oh my gosh, we all sound like we are clones of each other!! I honestly relate the agent search to that movie SWINGERS, and it's kind of impossible not to obsess over the inbox.  All these suggestions are fantastic, though, and I think popping over here and being reminded that we're all in this together is the very most helpful part.

Offline AlythiaB

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 01:00:15 AM »
Hahaha! SERIOUSLY. Normally, I'm super relaxed. And then the queries go out and I'm like a crazy person. So, yes, I totally find comfort in numbers. lol

Hmmm Abster... Chicago? I'm in Cali. Maybe we better move the rock climbing party out this a way!  ;D
www.alyconner.com