Author Topic: List of agents (and publishers) on Twitter  (Read 3466 times)

Offline nimblemoon

List of agents (and publishers) on Twitter
« on: July 01, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »
If you use twitter and you're interested in following agents, publishers and the like. Here's an interesting list. :)

http://shrinkingvioletpromotions.blogspot.com/2009/06/twitter-dee-dee.html

Offline longknife

Re: List of agents (and publishers) on Twitter
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 08:58:02 PM »
Great! But, as I don't tweet, what does it mean?

:emb:
A Soldier's Stories @ http://lvcabbie.blogspot.com
Father Serra's Legacy @ http://msgdaleday.blogspot.com

Offline violet

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:39:57 PM »
*sigh*

I really need to know how to tweet...but alas, at the moment, I'm Twitterless....

Offline Molly Z

• Unheard Melodies
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 07:49:40 AM »
I saw somewhere yesterday where a writer had their main character "tweet" which is a pretty cool idea.  One of my MCs for my small press release has her own Myspace page...which I never update anymore.  Poor Mariah.   :emb:

With twitter, I may sign up to follow people (I'm kind of hooked on the celebrity twitter scroll that eonline lists on their website) but don't think I'd really "tweet" much.

Offline nimblemoon

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 10:50:01 AM »
I started using Twitter recently but I definitely read more than I tweet. Think of twitter as a mini-blog. Tweets are just mini blog posts of 140 characters. It still seems a bit bizarre to me but I'm finding it interesting to see what people in the publishing industry are writing about, including the books they like, are repping, are reading, etc.

Here's an article about Twitter that might be useful.

http://webtrends.about.com/od/socialnetworking/a/what-is-twitter.htm

Offline isinglass

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 12:29:22 AM »
Gosh, I've got too much on my plate to worry about Twitter or other such socializing networks. I spend too much time on forums as it is.

I liked Conan O'Brian's joke about a Web site combining Twitter, Youtube, and Facebook -- called YouTwitFace.  ;D

Offline HorsebackWriter

• Dream at a gallop!
    • Lefty In My Write Mind
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 07:27:38 PM »

Great link, Nimblemoon. Thanks so much!

I used to say I wouldn't twitter. However, my querying writer-friends were twittering. I signed up and figured, at the least, I'd keep up with what was going on with them.

To my surprise, I LOVE it. I don't know how to explain it -- it's sort of like a place to hang with friends and other writers that's always there, always "Open". I tweet about my sick horse (now out of the woods, thank God!) weird thoughts, great quotes, etc., plus see what other online writer friends are doing/thinking/working on. We tweet about requests, querying, books, WIP, dinner, great agent blog posts, you name it. 

Plus, it's interesting to follow the tweets of an agent who has your partial or full.

It's a lot of fun!

In a way, twitter could also be likened to mini diary entries open to the public. I think other peoples' live are so interesting because they're different from our own. Cool to see what people are up to all over the world.

Molly Z -- *love* the idea of an MC tweeting!  :) 

Em
Author of IF YOU FIND ME, Carnegie Medal '14 nominee, NYTBR Ed.s' Choice June '13, Booklist Youth Ed.s Choice of '13, YALSA BFYA '14 nominee, CYBILS nominee '13, Goodreads Choice Awards '13 nominee: Best Debut GR Author, Best YA Fiction. Translated into 7 languages. Whew.

http://twitter.com/LeftyWrite

Offline nimblemoon

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »
Glad twitter is working out for you. So far I'm finding it really useful for understanding how published authors promote their work (and how much time that takes) as well as what the big issues are for agents. Recently I was stunned to read a bunch of tweets from an agent who is being constantly queried by a writer who won't take no for an answer. It shocks me that there are still people out there like this.

Offline newday11

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 07:51:25 AM »
 ;D I'm on facebook if anybody wants to look me up and be my friend... aw! newday11
SECRETS OF THE COLD WAR. In the Libraries of West Point, Air Force Academy, Naval Academy, Pentagon, FBI Academy, DIA, Yale, Cornell, Harvard, Princeton, Vanderbilt, Rice, Alabama, Lancashire Library Service, Derbyshire Libraries, Dorset County Libraries,The Heidelberg American Regional and many more.

Offline paulwest

• Writings and Musings of Paul West
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 03:35:56 PM »
I tried, but can't find you there, Newday11.
Visit my writers blog at http://paulwwest.blogspot.com/

Offline newday11

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 04:50:49 PM »
 ??? Did you look for Lee McCaslin
SECRETS OF THE COLD WAR. In the Libraries of West Point, Air Force Academy, Naval Academy, Pentagon, FBI Academy, DIA, Yale, Cornell, Harvard, Princeton, Vanderbilt, Rice, Alabama, Lancashire Library Service, Derbyshire Libraries, Dorset County Libraries,The Heidelberg American Regional and many more.

Offline JoyDWilson

• JoyDWilson's blog
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 12:01:57 PM »
I've been on twitter for a while. At first I didn't do anything but now I am twittering all the time! you can do it from your phone just like a text message and have other people's tweets sent to your phone if you like as well.

I like it because I can follow agents, and if they have a blog they usually say they have updated or whatnot. Also, I also follow authors who have gotten their books published and others who like most of us on here have not.

My twitter name is joydwilson