Author Topic: Critique group for crime fiction.  (Read 2388 times)

Offline zoletti

Critique group for crime fiction.
« on: March 10, 2012, 10:01:33 AM »
Hi I am a LAPD police detective and I am looking to form a group of crime writers to exchange manuscripts for critiques.       

Offline Tigerbunny

• The War in Serendipity
Re: Critique group for crime fiction.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 09:16:10 AM »
Hi.  I, too, suffer from not having a critique partner with two works in progress.  One is a "serial killer" and the other is "crime/urban fantasy" with an "oddball" detective.  I sure could use your help. 

I wouldn't mind swapping a few chapters with you to see how it goes but only if you're willing and, if it works out. then that would be great.  If it doesn't then that's okay too.  Critique partners are hard to find and I really need a good sense of the inner workings of my serial killer to see if "someone in the know" can relate to him. 

Someone like you. 

- Tigerbunny

Offline LateToTheParty

• Listen, kid, we're all in it together.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:10:03 AM »
I'm down. As TB said, we'd do this on a chapter-by-chapter basis with no harm/no foul/no hurt feelings if it doesn't work for one/all of us. My experience is on the other side o' the fence from Z. I've spent several years in the family, municiple and civil courts. Further, my family is devided between career criminals and military goons, with some overlap.  :up:
Critiques should spur growth and improvement. Neither is painless.

I don't do personal attacks, defense/debate of work or grudges.

Remember, my comment's worth exactly what you paid for it. Use it, ignore it or PM-me and I'll remove it. 

Buona fortuna!

Offline Doc

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »
Can I get in on this group? My completed work is a serial-killer medical suspense and it needs a lot of work. My WIP is a mystery, and I'm about 40K into it. I'd love to have someone look at both of them and tell me what he/she thinks. I like the chapter or page exchange, that way it doesn't get too overbearing.

Offline bodwen

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 05:34:50 PM »
I'd like to join, too.