Author Topic: Biopunkish  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Alniah

Biopunkish
« on: January 12, 2012, 03:14:06 PM »
Hey guys!

I just started writing a biopunkish / noir adult novel and would love to find a crit partner for this novel. Since I am currently working on finishing chapter one, I would love to exchange scenes/chapters as they are written with someone who may be in the process of writing their own novel as well. Kind of of a 'live', right out of our heads type of criting.

Anyone interested?

My vague plot is as follows (mind you really rough at this point, even the stakes aren't quite there yet):

Living as a pleasure pusher should be bliss unless you’re tired of riding everyone else’s neural waves but your own.

Rayn Hart lives in the ghettos where illegal biotech alterations are a norm. Rayn  Hart is surviving in the midst of the entertainment clubs and slums because her illegal neural implant allows her to help others reach ecstasy. But when nanobots assigned to repair her implant go AWOL, Rayn is thrown to the street to die.

That’s where Quirin Eberle, a biotech regulation officer with a shady past and an overzealous attitude, finds her. Quirin  saves her life and enrolls her help. A serial killer has been targeting people based on their respective biotech implants. Rayn has to choose: use her slum connections to help her mortal enemy find the killer or lose the implant altogether and probably die because life as a ‘normal’ no longer cuts it. 

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:23:42 PM by Alniah »
"If the doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I'd type a little faster." Isaac Asimov.

Offline iBel29

• http://ibel29.tumblr.com/
Re: Biopunkish
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 02:06:43 PM »
though it's rough it sounds enticing. Mmm I've been looking for a crit as well, I currently have one but we're looking for an addition. If your still interested let me know. Oh you helped me with my query, EDEN FALLS hey, which I really appreciated, so would like to work with you.

Offline lexcade

• Me & Michael Myers. SO COOL!
    • Going from Nobody to Somebody
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »
Dude. I would totally read that.
Duality - Edits
WIP: Spark
Outline: Untitled Epic Fantasy, Silver Circle (YA urban fantasy), Siren's Song (YA dystopian)
Back burner: Taming The Ancients

http://lexcade.blogspot.com

Offline LateToTheParty

• Listen, kid, we're all in it together.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 04:23:46 PM »
A,

I've looked at this four or three times,  :crazy: but I refuse to be seduced by your story... until the first draft is done. :naughty: When you have a draft in the bag, I'd love to be a beta reader. BTW, just PM'd you, check your mail.

Courage!  :up:

LTTP
Critiques should spur growth and improvement. Neither is painless.

I don't do personal attacks, defense/debate of work or grudges.

Remember, my comment's worth exactly what you paid for it. Use it, ignore it or PM-me and I'll remove it. 

Buona fortuna!

Offline Alniah

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 07:26:22 PM »
@iBel29 I'm glad my help with your query was useful. PMing.

@lexcade Makes me feel good someone finds my premise interesting.

@LTTP I will definitely take you up on it, just stay around those parts long enough :-)
"If the doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I'd type a little faster." Isaac Asimov.

Offline tracijo

• My blog
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 12:02:57 PM »
Are you still looking for people to trade with? Your premise is intriguing, and I'd love to read it and help you out, even if you're not looking for another WIP to read through.