Author Topic: Looking for beta reader for literary with a dash of sci fi  (Read 1638 times)

Offline RedRyder

• The Written World of K.M. Malloy
Looking for beta reader for literary with a dash of sci fi
« on: April 30, 2012, 01:23:07 PM »
Hi everyone! I've been working on a project for quite some time that I think is just about finished, but I would really appreciate a few sets of eyes for the final feedback. Word count is about 65K, but of course any needed revisions will always change that. Below is my newest query, and I have the first five pages posted. If interested please message me. Right now I'm a little swamped in projects, but in a few weeks I would be happy to do a swap and read your work as well if you'd like. Thank you all in advance for your help!

Summary:

Aire has always felt there was something not quite right in John’s Town, one of the first cities created when the Utopian society of the United Community was formed. Greed, violence, and poverty do not exist in her world, yet she feels there are dark secrets lurking around every corner and behind every smiling face.

Photographs of extinct civilizations taken long before the invention of cameras adorn her school history books. The military strangely “recruits” young children and old women in the night after they have emotional outbursts. Electronic billboards surround the city and send anyone who passes them into seizures.

These events and countless others have plagued her for most of her life, but when people begin to disappear in the masses, Aire knows there is definitely something wrong with her world and decides to flee the city once and for all. There’s just one problem; no one is allowed to leave John’s Town alive, the creators of the community always make sure of that.
Check out my Debute novel G-157 now available on Amazon