QueryTracker Community
October 16, 2018, 11:08:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Literary horror novel  (Read 2555 times)
munley
« on: June 24, 2012, 03:47:11 PM »

Dear Agent:

There once was a little coffee bean that somehow never made it into the grinder on the kitchen counter. Oh, he'd get poured out of the bag with his little buddies all right, but he'd always bounce off the rim or off of Mr. Thompson's thumb. "Poor little bean," Mr. Thompson would say, tossing him back into the bag. The little bean felt so sad and unappreciated as visitors raised their eyes in delight at the flavor and aroma of the coffee brewed with his lucky buddies.

Then one day the lonely little coffee bean got mad as hell. He he wasn't gonna take it anymore!  At 10:45 that night, swollen with rage to a height of eight feet, he grew arms and legs and a flat-top hairstyle. Mr. Thompson, a fragile old man, woke in the light of the full moon to the sound of the steps groaning under a great weight approaching.

FRANKENBEAN is a 100,000-word literary horror novel with character development that could rival the greatest works of literature. Think of it as "The Little Match Girl," who gets empowered instead of freezing to death with a stomach swollen from hunger on some callous rich family's porch. Enclosed are the first five pages in accordance with your guidelines. I look forward to hearing from you. Thumbs Up

Sincerely,
Author
Tigerbunny

The War in Serendipity

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:58:32 PM »

I got to Frankenbean and busted out laughing.  Well done, Munley.  Well done.   Smiley
Mere Joyce

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 07:05:14 AM »

I saw "Literary Horror Novel" and just couldn't resist, =)

Awesome query...I'm legitimately interested to see what Frankenbean gets up to!!

WIP: MG - 47k - Querying

My Blog: http://merejoyce.blogspot.com
LateToTheParty

Stolen? If it's not nailed down, it's mine.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »

I saw "Literary Horror Novel" and just couldn't resist, =)

Awesome query...I'm legitimately interested to see what Frankenbean gets up to!!
Sounds like 8'4", easy.  Yes Fun stuff, M.  Grin

Critiques should spur growth and improvement. Neither is painless.

I don't do personal attacks, defense/debate of work or grudges.

Remember, my comment's worth exactly what you paid for it. Use it, ignore it or PM-me and I'll remove it. 

Buona fortuna!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: