Author Topic: Agent Quest  (Read 44478 times)

Offline justwrite

• Why A: The Blog of Lisa Amowitz
Re: Agent Quest
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2007, 07:23:57 PM »
Here's my catchword contribution to QT:

pfffffffft

Lotheus

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2007, 02:13:37 PM »
Pat is on assignment right now and is away from the internet for more than 8 hours a day.  It has been difficult for him, but he has decided to work on a segment for Agent Quest and is requesting that the next post be reserved for him!  So, don't post until you see something from Patrick!  I'd hate to delete someone's hard work... >:D

Offline justwrite

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2007, 06:39:15 PM »
great!!! He's writing!!!!

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2007, 07:04:27 PM »
I wouldn't call it writing, but here goes...

Just as she reached her pickup and was fumbling for her keys, Michael leaped from the bushes and grabbed her from behind.  One hand over her month, he drug her to the rear of the truck.  She kicked and squirmed, but his grip was too strong. 

"I won't hurt you," Michael whispered in her ear.  "I just need you to get in the trunk."
She bit down on his finger.  He yelled out in pain and removed his hand from her mouth.

"What?  You idiot!" She screamed and tore herself from his arms.  "Pickups don't have trunks."
In shock, Michael released his hold on her.  She turned to face him.

"Oh, it's you," she said.  "You don't have to play bad-boy for me.  I know the real thing when I see it."  She patted him on the butt and climbed into the truck and started the engine.  Michael, his plan ruined, watched on in silence.  He had disappointed the Great Round One, he just knew it. 

The window of the truck rolled down, and out came the sounds of some very tasteful classic rock.  "Are you coming?" the girl said.

Michael shrugged, then walked around and got in on the passenger side.

As they drove away, the chubby stockgirl hung her head out of the truck window and shouted, "Woot!"

Offline justwrite

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2007, 07:33:06 PM »
 :clap: Yay Patrick! Not a bad effort! You did it! Now it's someone else's turn.  :yes:

Offline Chelc

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2007, 07:46:31 PM »
As they drove away, the chubby stockgirl hung her head out of the truck window and shouted, "Woot!"
best line in the entire story...

Offline justwrite

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2007, 07:52:27 PM »
There's the title of your first person book, C.

Offline Chelc

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2007, 08:00:32 PM »
What woot? Haha.
But this first person book isn't gonna happen. Tough cookies.  :wag:

Offline justwrite

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2007, 08:03:09 PM »
But this first person book isn't gonna happen. Tough cookies. 
I'll wear you down.  ;)

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2007, 08:05:04 PM »
That's perfect.  WOOT.  I can see it now.  Chelc that is a great title.  You better jump on it before someone else does.  You wouldn't want to be left with a Broken Woot.

Offline Chelc

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2007, 08:06:32 PM »
How about Woot stands for something?
W.O.O.T.
But I've no idea what it would stand for.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2007, 08:17:15 PM »
W.O.O.T.  Write On ... something

Offline justwrite

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2007, 09:03:28 PM »
Daniel knows what Woot stands for.

Offline MelanieLane

• Bubble Wrap of DOOM!
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2007, 10:46:47 AM »
:draw: OOO! OOO! Let me try!

Just as she reached her pickup and was fumbling for her keys, Michael leaped from the bushes and grabbed her from behind.  One hand over her month, he drug her to the rear of the truck.  She kicked and squirmed, but his grip was too strong. 

"I won't hurt you," Michael whispered in her ear.  "I just need you to get in the trunk."
She bit down on his finger.  He yelled out in pain and removed his hand from her mouth.

"What?  You idiot!" She screamed and tore herself from his arms.  "Pickups don't have trunks."
In shock, Michael released his hold on her.  She turned to face him.

"Oh, it's you," she said.  "You don't have to play bad-boy for me.  I know the real thing when I see it."  She patted him on the butt and climbed into the truck and started the engine.  Michael, his plan ruined, watched on in silence.  He had disappointed the Great Round One, he just knew it. 

The window of the truck rolled down, and out came the sounds of some very tasteful classic rock.  "Are you coming?" the girl said.

Michael shrugged, then walked around and got in on the passenger side.

--

As they drove on and on through the cloud-filled night, Michael realized he couldn't find the courage to speak to the stockgirl, who he knew held infinite knowledge to help him in his quest beneath her mohawk. Instead, he searched for ways to pass the time while the truck barrelled towards its unknown destination.

After a half hour of staring longingly at the stockgirl, attempting to pluck up the courage he would require to speak, Michael realized the stockgirl's eyebrow ring casted donut-shaped streams of light throughout the vehicle whenever the hole of a Cheerio-shaped cloud passed directly overhead, allowing the full moonlight to find its way into the passenger compartment. He decided to count the divine projections they danced across his lap, mocking his cowardice.

He reached two hundred and eighty-two projections before all self-confidence seemed to be stripped from him by the demonic projections. He ceased his tally, and decided to focus on the classic rock guitar riffs bursting from the truck's speakers, threatening to tear his toupee off his head. The stockgirl kept her eyes on the road, murdering the occasional unfortunate bug on their windshield.

As the sounds of Styx poured over him like water, Michael witnessed the miraculous apparation of the Wise Cheerio in the sky. He was using one of the clouds as his body, and had transformed it to suit his purposes. Michael gazed up in the sky at the 747-sized Cheerio in fear and awe.

The Great One smiled before speaking.  "Fear not, Michael Priest. But you must sing if your journey is to continue."

"Sing?" Michael squeeked, terrified.

"You must conquer your greatest fears now! It's a literary rule!"

"But...singing..."

"I realize the wedding was a terrifying experience for you, what with the mysterious gunslinger appearing during your Karaoke performance and stealing the first half of your manuscript in front of your guests, but you must face your fears!"

"The nut stole the first part of my manuscript?"

"Just sing!"

You should never argue with the Great One, Michael realized, before opening his mouth. "OH MAMA, I'M IN FEAR FOR MY LIFE FROM THE LONG ARM OF THE LAW! HANGMAN IS COMIN DOWN FROM THE GALLOWS AND I DON'T HAVE VERY LONG!"

"I sure hope you write better than you sing," was all the stockgirl said before the world went black and Michael knew no more.
Got :draw:?

The Deputy Is: Swamped

Offline audal

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
My elder interpretation of WOOT as I know it:  We Own The Other Team?  But wouldn't that be WOTOT?

Whoa-Tot just doesn't have the same phoenetic jingle-jangle.

Mel's predilection toward 80's schmaltz... Mercy!  Love it!  It's like a helium tank exploded in here.  I am sure someone is gonna hear me whistling the song in public today... and I know one of said inadvertant listeners is gonna think "Oh cool - Renegade!"

I may one day have to take a shot at an entry to Agent Quest.  I am intrigued. :clap:
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.