Author Topic: Finished 1st draft!! Yay!  (Read 9969 times)

Lotheus

Finished 1st draft!! Yay!
« on: July 23, 2007, 09:47:58 PM »
Finished the 1st of my second novel today.  Even with the release of The Deathly Hallows!  Hah! :woo:

Offline Diowe

• Please. Tell me more.
Re: Finished 1st draft!! Yay!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 10:30:20 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Diowe

Offline justwrite

• Why A: The Blog of Lisa Amowitz
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 11:12:55 PM »
How on earth did you manage that. Life shut down around here. Totally...they could barely drag me into the kitchen to cook and I never bothered eating!

Lotheus

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 11:41:08 PM »
Well, don't tell anyone, but I put the finishing touches on at work! :y:  It's party time! :toast:

Offline justwrite

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 07:49:27 AM »
Guess it was easier to sneak that than a giant tome around. I, too, have written on the job. Under the noses of my busy students.  shhhh. Thank heavens for that minimze button.  :yes:

Offline Chelc

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 12:37:59 PM »
Guess it was easier to sneak that than a giant tome around. I, too, have written on the job. Under the noses of my busy students.  shhhh. Thank heavens for that minimze button.  :yes:
Wow, that's hysterical.

Lotheus

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 04:59:20 PM »
No kidding.  I was going to try to get the book into work, but I had nowhere to hide it.  Flash drives are much skinnier.

Offline justwrite

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 06:46:53 PM »
psst..let me let you in on a little secret, Chelc... some of us grown ups? We never actually grew up.
Okay..I can only speak for myself. I am the exact same person I was at 16, except i like myself a whole lot more.

Offline Chelc

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 07:54:43 PM »
psst..let me let you in on a little secret, Chelc... some of us grown ups? We never actually grew up.
Okay..I can only speak for myself. I am the exact same person I was at 16, except i like myself a whole lot more.
Haha, alright, that's comforting to be honest. Becuase I've been getting rather depressed lately thinking about how I only have 2 more years of High School. I don't really want to leave and go out into the "real world" or whatever. I'm not good with change  :sick1:

Lotheus

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 09:21:47 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately you're right, Chelc.  You'll never have it as good as you do now, so enjoy it while you can.  If you get publishe and become an author while you still live at home, how cool would that be??  It's funny that you would say that, too, justwrite, because I have always thought that I was mentally about 16.  Don't even get me started on my action figure collection...  Patrick can vouch that it's true!

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 09:37:44 PM »
I have always thought that I was mentally about 16.

That's a little high, isn't it?

Lotheus

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 09:40:11 PM »
You now see why this partnership works :tongue:

Offline justwrite

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 10:45:33 PM »
Not if you met my son. He's sixteen and right now he's asking me if I heard about a guy who used cheese for the wheels of a car as I was trying my best to ignore him. I think I have a new best friend for you, Loth.

I would say I'm mentally about seventeen in my approach to creativity. But way less angsty. And way WAY WAYYYYYYY tougher then I was back then.

Yeah, the real world sucks if you get stuk doing something you hate. Which is why I hide out in academia with all the other nuts like me who call themselves grownups. i work in a department full! Students roll their eyes at us.

This is WAY off topic, huh?

Maybe you should start a thread for REALLY dumb conversations about nothing, Patrick.  :up:

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 10:47:45 PM »

Maybe you should start a thread for REALLY dumb conversations about nothing, Patrick.  :up:

Go right ahead.

Lotheus

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 10:49:34 PM »
What was this topic about again...?  OH YEAH!  I FINISHED THE 1ST DRAFT OF MY BOOK!  Let's all celebrate again!! :happy: :p3: :p2: :bear: :hooray: :celeb: :jump: :y: :p1: :dance: :cool: :cheer: :award: :up: :clap: :)