QueryTracker Community
December 13, 2018, 12:48:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-hash of an old tale  (Read 2171 times)
Pup-tent
« on: March 25, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »

Dear Agent,

Have you ever heard the expression, "It's so bad, it's good?" That's what my critique partners are saying about my novel, King Lear Revisited. The plot line is exactly like Shakespeare's, but the writing really s**ks.

An elderly king figures he getting too old to govern anymore, so he decides to spit his kingdom among his three daughters right now. He plans to give the most to the ones who love him the most. Gaga and Raygun hate the old man, but gush loving words to him. Cordelia loves him dearly. Ay, here's the rub: the naive little fool says that if she ever marries, half her love will go to her husband. This really pi**es off the old man. The rest, as they say, is history.

I have never had a thing published before, so I'll skip the bio section. Oh, I forgot. This novel is 100,000 words long. That's 100,000 words too long, given the quality, says one of my c-partners. But I must remind you, it's so bad, it's good.

Thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
Writer
jmundy-castle

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 06:49:41 AM »

clap

Aye. I'd represent ye.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: