Author Topic: CP Needed for YA Urban Fantasy  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
CP Needed for YA Urban Fantasy
« on: August 27, 2013, 07:23:11 PM »
Hi. I was looking for another pair of eyes and critiquing fingers for the rewrite of my YA Urban Fantasy novel, HALF-BREEDS AND OTHER LIABILITIES.

Usually, what I've done in the past is exchange chapters and critique back and forth as I write the novel. So, like, I write chapter 1 and then give it to CP, CP gives me their chapter 1. Back and forth it goes.

If you have a problem with the novel not being completed, I guess I could wait until it's completed to exchange with you and stuff. :)

I have to warn you, I'm a teeny bit sensitive to HARSH HARSH critique, but by no means does that mean lie to me or sugarcoat or anything. Just maybe tell me the things I've done right, as well as what I've done wrong, if at all possible.

I will always do the same for you.

I have school, so I might be a little slow, but rest assure I will get back to you. I do stuff in spurts--so you might get ten chapters in a week and then none for a month and then another 11 in a week. Depends on how many chapters you send me/how we do this. My other CP sent me her whole MS so I did it in spurts.

Without further to do, um, this is the shaky query for the MS: If you're interested in being a CP and exchanging projects, tell me!

Seventeen-year-old Mihael Wrath might be the son of the most powerful Sin in the Demon Realm, but if he doesn’t turn into a full demon by his eighteenth birthday, he’ll be just another blood splatter on the sacrificial altar.

With his birthday just around the corner and no demonic powers in sight, Mihael would rather face the shame of running away than the blade of a demon’s knife. His father, the Sin of Wrath, has other plans: Sacrifice Mihael, use his blood to start the next Apocalypse, and win the battle for the human world for good.

When an unlikely ally sends him on a dangerous mission to the human world to stop Wrath from capturing him, delivering him to Roseanne and Gabriel—an unstable psychic and her half-angel friend, Mihael realizes that Wrath’s plans run deeper than him. They run to the supposed innocents of the human world too.

With hours left, a horde of demons after them, few clues at their disposal, and the knowledge Mihael might not be the only sacrifice involved, Mihael, Roseanne, and Gabriel must find a way to fight back against Wrath. They’re hopelessly outmatched—but if the three of them can’t stop Wrath, millions will die, and life as they know it will end.

__

Thank you!
WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019

Offline kvbrunt

Re: CP Needed for YA Urban Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 04:04:33 PM »
Hey Kodi R.--I've got a YA urban fantasy manuscript.  I would love to exchange on a chapter by chapter basis.  If you're interested let me know.