QueryTracker Community
July 16, 2018, 05:35:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter Pitch for Half-Breeds and Other Liabilities  (Read 4480 times)
Pandean

Panic in human form

« on: December 11, 2013, 07:36:36 AM »

So, since I'm thinking about *maybe* doing a twitter pitching thing, I decided to try to make a twitter pitch.

My problem is that I have a MS about demons, so I need to try to make it sound unique, while making the plot true, all in under 140 characters.

This is what I have so far.

Threatened with his sacrifice, 17yo Mihael must find a way to stop his dad, the vilest demon in Hell, from ending the world. YAUF #Pitchmas

(The only way I can fit it all is if I combine YA and UF (for Urban Fantasy) together...)

But if I'm doing the tag #Pitmad, it's not a problem.

Any help?

WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019
Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

This, too, shall pass

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 07:53:13 AM »

I think it looks good!

But also, i'm notoriously not good at loglines so i could be way wrong.

And, FWIW, one of my friends got a full and then an offer from a twitter pitch contest last year

Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website
Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 07:54:29 AM »

I think it looks good!

But also, i'm notoriously not good at loglines so i could be way wrong.

And, FWIW, one of my friends got a full and then an offer from a twitter pitch contest last year

Thanks. And neither am I. xD

What's FWIW mean? But that's cool!

WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019
SamIAm

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 08:06:56 AM »

So, since I'm thinking about *maybe* doing a twitter pitching thing, I decided to try to make a twitter pitch.

My problem is that I have a MS about demons, so I need to try to make it sound unique, while making the plot true, all in under 140 characters.

This is what I have so far.

Threatened with his sacrifice, 17yo Mihael must find a way to stop his dad, the vilest demon in Hell, from ending the world. YAUF #Pitchmas

(The only way I can fit it all is if I combine YA and UF (for Urban Fantasy) together...)

But if I'm doing the tag #Pitmad, it's not a problem.

Any help?

My only thing is the "Threatened with his sacrifice" bit.  I feel like it needs to say his "own" sacrifice or something.  Reading it, it sounds like a sacrifice he's going to make, but maybe that's just me?

I have no idea if this fits, but maybe something like this?

With his own sacrifice looming, 17yo Mihael must find a way to stop his dad-Hell's head honcho-from ending the world. YA/UF #pitchmas

But these are also not my strong suit (I have NO idea how to turn CF into 35 words), so I'll understand if you disregard the above completely.
Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 08:14:00 AM »

I like that, Spike. I was actually going to try something like that, but I couldn't make it fit. xD

How about this?

With his own sacrifice looming, 17yo Mihael must find a way to stop his dad—Hell's head demon—from ending the world. YA/UF #pitchmas

SamIAm

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 08:16:53 AM »

Thumbs Up

I like it!  And I think it makes your book stand out from other "demon" books.  Good luck with Pitchmas!  I think I'm going to pass on that one, because I'm just starting another round of revisions and am really excited to hear what my mentor has to say after that.
Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 08:28:10 AM »

Thumbs Up

I like it!  And I think it makes your book stand out from other "demon" books.  Good luck with Pitchmas!  I think I'm going to pass on that one, because I'm just starting another round of revisions and am really excited to hear what my mentor has to say after that.

I think I'm actually going to do #Pitmad instead, because the agents in #Pitchmas don't really seem interested in my genres.

And thanks! Smiley

And #Pitmad is farther away so it gives me time to edit a little more.

AND I'VE DECIDED TO QUERY HALF-BREEDS AND OTHER LIABILITIES AFTER #PITMAD.

Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

This, too, shall pass

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 10:46:29 AM »

What's FWIW mean?

"For what it's worth"

Author Website
ImwithCoCo

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 01:19:23 PM »

I like that, Spike. I was actually going to try something like that, but I couldn't make it fit. xD

How about this?

With his own sacrifice looming, 17yo Mihael must find a way to stop his dad—Hell's head demon—from ending the world. YA/UF #pitchmas

this sounds great! Good luck!!

I blog about everything...
http://www.bethellynsummer.com
https://twitter.com/BethEllynSummer

AT FIRST BLUSH, my debut YA contemporary, will be available winter 2016 from Bloomsbury Spark! repped by Carrie Pestritto of Prospect Agency
Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »

Thanks!

Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 07:09:27 PM »

I made a new one with help on Twitter.

Mihael was born to die as a sacrifice that kick-starts Armageddon. But to save his life, he’ll have to save the world. YA UF #pitmad

SamIAm

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 05:36:55 AM »

I made a new one with help on Twitter.

Mihael was born to die as a sacrifice that kick-starts Armageddon. But to save his life, he’ll have to save the world. YA UF #pitmad

I like it!  Sounds good!   Grin
Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

This, too, shall pass

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »

ooh i like that one a lot!

Author Website
Natasha E

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 12:42:34 AM »

I'm doing this too and I searched everywhere on their website and in their rules and never saw that you had to include YAUF only #pitchmas in the tweet. If that's true, you have a few extra spaces to work with.

I like this, but what if you rearranged it a bit to become:

Born to die, Mihael's sacrifice will kick-start Armageddon. But....

Good luck :D

Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 07:42:54 AM »

Yeah, you have to include your genre/category. I'm pretty sure.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: