Author Topic: Word Count again  (Read 4190 times)

Offline Chelc

Word Count again
« on: August 09, 2007, 11:27:52 AM »
So, I'm off of my writing break! And god, after rereading random bits of my manuscript last night did I realize I needed it! How on earth did I think it was done at 50,000 words? Because it definitely wasn't. At all. And I discovered that outlining works wonders :surprise: Who knew, right?
But sadly, I have no clue when I'll be able to finish the second draft of this...junior year is supposed to be the hardest and me being the stupid overachiever that I am decided to sign up for all advanced classes (stupid, stupid Chelsea! Do you like getting 4 hours of sleep?) and Chemistry alone is rumored to destroy one's grade point average. And then there's all of my after school activities, plus I need a job.
Ug. I'll only be getting in a couple hundred words a week until, like, February  :'(

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
Re: Word Count again
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:38:21 AM »
You've got your whole life to fret over writing, no need to worry too much about it right now.  Plenty of time later (like when you're 40 and wondering where all the time went.)

Offline justwrite

• Why A: The Blog of Lisa Amowitz
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 06:01:31 PM »
or 48.
Stop talking about school!  Think summer!!! :up:

Offline Chelc

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 10:18:38 AM »
But school is already here. I've spent every day of the past 2 weeks there. (not real school, just activities--tennis and band)

Offline teen-writer

• Mubbly
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 03:21:31 PM »
Wow, you and I are in the same boat. I've made the same stupid mistake. I'm going into 11th, and I'm taking four AP's and the rest honors. (I hope I'll live ... can you die from lack of sleep??) And I have all the after-school activities like art (which is an AP that they felt obliged to have after-school), cross country ... and once cross country is over, I have the musical ... AAHH. Lol, I think I'll spend maybe an hour per weekend working on my book.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 03:43:51 PM »
Yes, I heard of Mock's trial.  I think Mock is guilty.

Offline Chelc

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 03:48:14 PM »
Yes, I heard of Mock's trial.  I think Mock is guilty.

huh? Yo no comprendo.

Lotheus

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 04:34:40 PM »
That's called dry humor.  Patrick's forte.  Just ignore him, he means no harm. :crazy: