Author Topic: Add an agent  (Read 7849 times)

Offline Lysistrata31

Add an agent
« on: February 04, 2014, 01:42:02 PM »
I was wondering if there was a way to add Kirsten Carleton with Sobel Webber. Thanks!

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
Re: Add an agent
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »
Hi Lysistrata31
For several reasons, I'd rather hold off listing her until she is listed on their website. But, any information about her you may have is appreciated.

Offline Lysistrata31

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 02:03:57 PM »
I had read that she was accepting queries as an agent via literary rejections. I sent her one last week and received an exclusive partial. I do know she's worked there for years from my digging around on other message boards, probably first as an assistant. Everything I read sounded like she was a very intelligent, thoughtful person who gives excellent critiques even if she's rejecting you. You're response made me a little nervous! I've seen other agencies that don't list their junior agents for whatever reason. I assumed this was one of those situations. Am I wrong?

Offline MookyMcD

• "hilarious and offensive and usually accurate"
    • michaeljmcdonagh.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 02:22:08 PM »
That would raise the question -- if the agency doesn't want to list her as an agent yet, would you do so if you were Patrick?
I put the nati in Illuminati
michaeljmcdonagh.wordpress.com

Offline TerryRodgers

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 02:29:22 PM »
I agree with Patrick and michael. Plus, an exclusive on a partial. Ugh... :no:

Offline Lysistrata31

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 02:36:24 PM »
Double checked their website. They have under the About Us section as Nat Sobel and Judith Weber as principal agents. Which means that they are the bosses, and sort of implied they have minion agents. Now I'm kicking myself for not remembering what other agencies I've seen that do this! It's okay if you don't list her. I totally understand.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 02:48:38 PM »
If I recall, Sobel and Weber have a general submission address for all their agents anyway, so you can't really direct a query to a specific agent. Of course, now that you have a partial request, Lysistrata31, it's a different story for you. Are you a premium member? If so, you can add her as a private listing, if you want to track the info.

Congrats on your partial, and good luck.

Offline Lysistrata31

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 03:34:24 PM »
I am a premium member. How did I not know there was a private agent part?! Kicking myself....