QueryTracker Community
October 15, 2018, 05:40:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear Stupid Agent  (Read 20776 times)
ticknor1992

« on: February 18, 2014, 05:55:31 AM »

Dear Esteemed Literary Agent,

I've finally finished my novel THE KINKY PROSTITUTE (COPYRIGHT/ALL RIGHTS RESERVED). Well, I thought of it all out, but it should only take me this weekend to do, because I'm going to take off work early friday. The Kinky Prostitute (COPYRIGHT) is a true life memoir of yours truely. It all starts when I dropped out of school last year because my English teacher was being stupid. I already speak Engwish, so why can't I spell a sentance? I don't know. I just hate anyone who trys to judge my work, because they're going against the will of God, and only he can judge.

The Kinky Prostitute (COPYWRITE) takes place in a supermarket. I was standing next to some banana's and cucumbers when my second cousin twice removed on my mother's side walked up to me and stopped on his left foot. Wow, I can't believe a week has passed. I know you can't tell but I stopped writing this- I needed a break. Too much writing bores me and makes me want to cut my eyes out with razor blades. Good news tho, I made like $50 bucks at work this week. It's a record! But I bet there will be a lot more commas after that once you sign me and get it published, hopefully by next month.

Anyways, so that guy came up to me with a banana and said "Hey, let me see what you can do with this."

You'll have to read the rest of my book The Kinky Prostitute (COPYRIGHTED/ALL RIGHTS RESERVED) to find out what happens! I would tell you but I don't want you to take my idea and sell it. And if you want to read the manuscript, you'll have to fly from California to my house in Maine to read it. I live in the distant country, and I'll take it out of my safe, where I keep my fully loaded guns, so you can read it and love it. I promise you. You. WILL. Love. It. I just know it. This book is a bullet to the top of the charts, and this bullet has your name on it. COME TO MY HOUSE TO READ MY MANUSCRIPT! (Did I mention it was copywrited? COPYRIGHT)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 11:52:18 PM by ticknor1992 » Logged
aimi786

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 03:43:20 AM »

OMG!
Bahaha this is hilarious!
Sujax

Wet: Part 1

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 08:43:54 AM »

I know this is an old post, but you had me at Dear Stupid...

Can I hire you to write a query letter for me?
elysezane

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 01:59:23 AM »

This much is clear: We have a lot of very talented humor writers on this forum!

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 06:28:37 PM »

Hahaha....you grabbed me with your title and you killed me with 'copywrite'.
cdecho

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 03:51:59 PM »

Run away! Run away!
Wordwise

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 09:33:32 AM »

Yup. I get the "copywrite" in queries all the time.

But the problem could be easily avoided, if they just think about what the word means. It is precisely, the RIGHT to COPY something. But in any event, a copyright notice of any kind, in a query or manuscript, is very bad form. Many agents, editors, and producers (in the case of film scripts) will stop reading the moment they see it.

Steven Hutson
Literary agent
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: