Author Topic: Looking for a Beta for a YA futuristic dystopian.  (Read 2243 times)

Offline TJMarks

Looking for a Beta for a YA futuristic dystopian.
« on: March 08, 2014, 09:50:09 AM »
Hey please let me know if you interested in reading the first of three books:

This is my little query blip.

Imagine everything that are you and everything that you did you wore on your skin. A person can look at you and know that you are the second born son of a political leader, and you were working your way to becoming a Chemist until you stole money. Or, in Sarissa’s case; she was the prodigal daughter of a well-known Microbiologist who was banished from society for the worst of crimes. The Marked Trilogy is about Sarissa's journey to the truth about her father’s crimes and kick starting a revolution to over throw a government that has been intentionally making people sick.

Offline tb.tallbird

• I live in a fairy tale world!
Re: Looking for a Beta for a YA futuristic dystopian.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 03:21:49 PM »
Is this your novel you had titled INKED? I would love to read it. It intrigued me right away when I read your chapter 1. Told my friend about it and she agreed that it sounded right up my alley. Let me know!  :wink:
Life is like a book. Some chapters are sad, some happy, some exciting. But if you never turn the page... you will never know what the next chapter holds.

Offline TJMarks

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »
YEAH! Totally! Do you want to exchange books?

Offline tb.tallbird

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 03:52:51 PM »
I would love to! Do you know how to do it? Everytime I posts any of my work, I have to retype it here. Its perfect timing too. I'm reading several series but I'm cleaned out now. Yay! So excited!
Life is like a book. Some chapters are sad, some happy, some exciting. But if you never turn the page... you will never know what the next chapter holds.

Offline TJMarks

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 03:54:45 PM »
I've never exchanged books with anyone yet. But I did have someone request to send me their critiue thru email. We could just email them to each other.

Offline tb.tallbird

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 04:07:38 PM »
Okay. I'm new to emails. I know... totally late to the game.  :emb:  So if you can bear with me I'll do my best to get it to work. I have to go to work soon so I'll try to get it to you tonight. My friend will be at my house, so maybe she can help me figure it out.

The first part of my book is a prologue. Hope you don't mind. It seems important to the story so I'll add it in there. I've heard that prologues are not much fun so I'm afraid it might be wordy, but others who have read it told me they were pulled in because of it. They are NOT writers though, so I'm looking forward to getting another writer's viewpoint.