Author Topic: Betas wanted for Fantasy novel: CLOSED.  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Satinder

Betas wanted for Fantasy novel: CLOSED.
« on: May 13, 2014, 08:23:42 AM »
Hi, I'm looking for 1 or 2 beta readers to provide general feedback for a completed (approx. 76,000 words) Fantasy novel.

An illegal healer is on the run in a religious dictatorship where all forms of magic are punishable by public execution. The problem is she desperately wants the approval of the same regime that is hunting her down. She must decide what is more important; survival or Salvation.
(Scenes of violence and profanity. No sex scenes.)

I am happy to beta read any genre in return, with the exception of Middle Grade/Childrens books. Please message me here if you are interested and lets get started!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:00:26 AM by Satinder »

Offline Shadowhunter

Re: Betas wanted for Fantasy novel
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 01:53:16 PM »
I am would be willing to Beta read for you if you will Beta read my fantasy novel. Here is my blurb for it.
   Will the shadows of his future ever leave him or the misdeeds of his father ever be forgotten?
Fenris son of Loki is hated and feared wherever he goes. Both for his future role and his father's misdeeds and reputation. When his path crosses that of a blind and crippled son of Surt. He will travel the nine words with his ally to have the power to decide the final battle. Battle line will become drawn as they travel with no middle ground. Will Fenris join the side of the father he has never known, but who is reputed to be evil or will Fenris join a side where ninety-five percent of his allies would love to see him dead?
  If you are interested, please personal message me. I need to have your comments by June 14 if possible.
Thank you for your time,

Shadowhunter

Offline Astlel

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 09:03:56 PM »
Cool! This sounds somewhat thematically similar to my YA fantasy (magic banned, evil regime, rebel, etc).

Would you be interested in swapping manuscripts and doing a general critique? I specifically need advice on pacing and characterization, and I'd be happy to reciprocate with whatever feedback you'd like.
Seth sevdiryn sevdiryn telir, i seth israfyn israfyn.

Offline Satinder

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 07:31:35 AM »
Hi Astlel,

Yes, if we're thematically similar than that might be useful :) I'll send you a personal message in a sec