Author Topic: Help! What does this mean?  (Read 1498 times)

Offline amanda dl

Help! What does this mean?
« on: August 20, 2008, 05:19:39 PM »
I sent an email query to an agent on August 7, late at night, and about 24 hours later I received the following email:

"In an effort to reduce the amount of paper we use and increase the standard amount of pages we request, this agency is currently in the process of changing our submissions guidelines and we will now be considering your work in electronic format.  Therefore, please send your entire manuscript as a Microsoft Word attachment to this address.  You will receive a response some time in the next 6-8 weeks via e-mail.  We look forward to reading it."

Is this a request for a full MS?  or just a new way to approach queries?  I really can't make this out.  I finally figured that maybe they would have requested a partial, but why bother when it's all electronic anyway, so send the whole MS by email.  Was the whole business of sending a partial MS started in order to save authors the expense of sending a whole MS, and the agents the back problems involved with handling them?  If so, then this is a forward-looking agency.  Good for them..............but I'm still left wondering what it means!

//Amanda DL