Author Topic: CP needed for YA fantasy :D  (Read 2326 times)

Offline awarwick

CP needed for YA fantasy :D
« on: August 30, 2014, 09:43:21 PM »
Hello everyone!

Sooo I've never had a CP before (never been one either), and no one has ever really read my MS except my boyfriend, ha. Anyway, I feel like I am ready to give this a go. I am looking for doing a chapter (or a few) at a time. I am definitely willing to return the favor, but since I'm in school I only have time to do a few chapters at a time as well. So If you're looking for someone who will give quick feedback, then I'm probably not the CP for you.

I write YA fantasy, so I am interested in reading YA fantasy :) Oh, and I want to make sure that we're a good fit, so if you're interested we can swap the first chapter and see how it goes. PM me if interested!

My story is a YA fantasy about a girl banished from her village, who attends a school in order to restore her family's honor. And there's magic. And stuff. The world is based heavily on Chinese mythology and folklore. I've posted my query and 1st chapter on the site if you want to see if my writing style appeals to you. It's under THE DRAGON THAT SWALLOWED THE SUN.

Thank you and I hope everyone is having a happy Labor Day weekend! (For all the Americans out there.)

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
Re: CP needed for YA fantasy :D
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 10:53:15 PM »
i read your opening chapter and I'd love to CP with you. Do you mind my novel being halfway done, though? I suppose if we do it chapter-by-chapter it won't matter as much...
WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019

Offline awarwick

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:41:20 PM »
YAY! Thank you so much for offering! And yeah, that is totally fine. I'll critique whatever you have done. I really enjoyed your first chapter.  ;D So I guess I'll send you a message. I'm not really sure where to go from here, haha.

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »
Sure. We should exchange emails. :)

WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019