Author Topic: Character Sketch: audal  (Read 13530 times)

Offline Diowe

• Please. Tell me more.
Character Sketch: audal
« on: August 12, 2007, 04:23:49 PM »
Okay, I'm feeling a bit pressured by time here (it is Sunday afterall and I should spend part of it with my family!) so I'm not going for pretty prose here. Just the basics. Feel free to add!

physical description:
long, loose-flowing auburn hair with tints of amber-gold
light, translucent skin, prone to freckling
pale, shimmering green eyes, spaced far apart, framed by thin, golden lashes
narrow, straight nose; somewhat pronounced
small straight teeth framed by thin lips
thin build but not lanky; long-limbed; ram-rod posture; large feet

Early childhood:
doting, older parents; only child
quick to speak; slow to walk
fussy eater
two/three dear, dear friends with whom there's still frequent contact although they live on different continents
grew up in the inner city; older but lovely apartment building
fiercely independent

Young adulthood:
still fiercely independent
quick intelligence
non-conformist in high school
graduated at top of the class; valedictorian
teachers are still reminiscing about graduation speech

Adulthood:
happily married; two grown children -- one recently married, one pursuing career through 80-hour workweek

Current struggles:
carpul tunnel syndrome (too much time on the computer)
unanticipated gender crisis

Lotheus

Re: Character Sketch: audal
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »
I love the way you totally avoided any mention of this character's sex.  Everything mentioned could be male or female!  Nice!

Offline audal

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 06:32:24 PM »
Oh... my...  :o

Well then!  I am possibly speechless!  This Audal is one interesting chicka-dude - a whole lot more interesting than me, I think.

Diowe, that's just priceless!  Tear-to-my-eye priceless... to think I have my very own topic on a forum when I would've been honored with just a simple nomination!

A few of your projections are spot-on.  Am I to say which ones?  Dunno.  I've never been honored and/or roasted before & am unsure of etiquette. 

I'll throw a fun comment out there, though... High School teachers are more likely to be reminiscing about what I wore to graduation.

Or rather didn't wear!   >:D

Oh, climb outta that gutter!  Shoes!  I didn't wear shoes!  Sheesh!   :crazy:
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline justwrite

• Why A: The Blog of Lisa Amowitz
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 06:55:12 PM »
ACCCH!!!  :'( tell us!!!!

and why, O why, was it so evident Diowe and I are X chromosomes? I don't remember saying!

Offline audal

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 07:18:44 PM »
and why, O why, was it so evident Diowe and I are X chromosomes? I don't remember saying!

That's a valid question.  I think I just learned through... prose osmosis?  Someone somewhere said something and there was no dissent?  Dunno - I got chatty here a few weeks after the founding superstars & just caught up, I guess.

Funny thing is, JW, you started this!  My gender was listed in my profile until your original comment (and a nifty compliment about being "evolved" that I truly appreciate - even if you've now decided otherwise!).

I'm not trying to be evasive.  Just playin' round.  I'm fully willing to share unless someone doesn't wish to know.  I have had my moment in the sun of a personal topic and am ready to step aside for Chelc & the Meerfrog!

Anyone wanna stay in the dark?
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline justwrite

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 07:22:41 PM »
I was too dopey to LOOK in your profile. I'm actually quite the novice at message boards. That's a testament to how much I like this one. I usually hang out with my "critters". (Or write, which I am most definitely using this board to avoid.)

Offline Chelc

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 07:25:52 PM »
Audal is a girl.
I'm telling you.
I just know it.
You're words just have that feminine touch to it.
(At least I hope you're a girl, because if you're a guy, then...oops)
 ;D

Offline justwrite

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 07:27:50 PM »
I thinl Audal is an alien.  :eek:

Offline Chelc

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 07:29:20 PM »
There ya go jwrite  :wink:

Offline justwrite

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 08:05:02 PM »
a fully featured alien.

Offline audal

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 08:39:13 PM »
ACK!!! 

An ALIEN???

Puh-lease!  Everyone knows aliens wear shoes to their HS graduation!

OK, then... Here's the solution to the puzzle I have become...

Ready?

Last chance to skip over to another topic...

Sorry, Chelc.  Congrats JW (and Diowe?).

Male, 38, Venice California.

Here's how this curiosity may have taken root long before this forum.  I moved west from New Hampshire almost 14 years ago for grad school.  Studied screenwriting, and put together an apparently excellent thesis script together about a family of women who ran a country B&B.  I had studio personnel fully fooled into thinking I was a woman writing under a man's name to try to escape Hollywood's gender bias - which was more pronounced back then.

For whatever reason, I have emphasized female protagonists dating back 20 years.  Actually - I think I know the reason... It's simple - I find women a lot more interesting & layered than men.  And it's because of my total interest in women that my writing is better than when I take on a bit about a male character.  Often I've  gotten praise for writing women that aren't traditionally "girly" and instead have more universal concerns.

So Chelc, your incorrect guess actually is an accidental compliment.  It is possibly because you women folk are my target audience that some 2-3 years ago, I jumped ship on a screenplay I was writing and turned it into a novel.  Better audiences out there for my work... Not to mention a whole lot more room to be poetic.  The very fact that there were questions tells me I'm doing OK toward that end.

That said, you will still find me glued to any and all sporting events on TV, hollering like us dudes do.  I'm definitely one to get dirty playing recreational sports & have the scars to show for it.  But I'm also likely to take in a chick-folk-singer after Sunday football.

Any questions?

Thanks ladies... the intrigue has been a lotta fun. :clap:

Offline Chelc

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 08:45:19 PM »
Damn.
(Am I allowed to say that here?  :emb3:)

Offline Diowe

• Please. Tell me more.
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 10:00:24 PM »
Thanks for sharing audal, although I feel somewhat.... saddened to have it all end... and yet, very honored to be a woman  ;D

So tell me -- which was right, the long flowing auburn hair or the big feet?  :naughty:

Offline Cole Gibsen

• April 28th, 2015
    • Cole Gibsen
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 10:02:37 PM »
Ok - Karma for Diowe because this is TWICE now she has really made me laugh! (and this is no easy feat as I am pretty miserable)
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

blog: www.colegibsen.blogspot.com

Offline Diowe

• Please. Tell me more.
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 10:08:26 PM »
ah, thanks Senshi  ;D