Author Topic: Pictures Open for Description!  (Read 5561 times)

Offline teen-writer

• Mubbly

Offline Chelc

Re: Pictures Open for Description!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 08:17:21 PM »
What's all this for?
They're nice pics though.  :)

Offline teen-writer

• Mubbly
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 09:11:50 PM »
Look at my description journal thread in the Fiction Writing section. I'm too lazy to describe it again.  ;D

Offline teen-writer

• Mubbly
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 10:00:56 PM »
Anyway, here's my description for these pics:

______ walked along the road, kicking dust into the air. He/she listened to the crunching sounds of the bone-colored pebbles as they met with the soles of his/her shoes. An electric post cast a shadow across the road, and stood as tall as an adjacent tree. Beyond it, the road dipped and curved around a few colossal boulders, leaning against one another. Weeds engulfed the sides of the rocks, their leaves glistening the sun's light. _____ continued onward and descended the dip in the road, until he/she came to an area void of plant life. A little further, a bridge crossed a dried creek, whose rocks were cast in the shadows of branches that fell to caress the stream-bed.

Offline Chelc

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 10:02:35 PM »
Gasp!
Now you have inspired me...I must log out and spend the next three hours writing as crazy-descriptive as I possibly can.

Offline teen-writer

• Mubbly
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 10:05:45 PM »
This actually came to me because of the book I'm reading for school. It's called Keepers of the House by Shirley Anne Grau. She is the most descriptive writer I have ever encountered. Tolkien was descriptive, yes, but she surpasses him by quite a few miles.