Author Topic: Anyone want to trade chapters?  (Read 4361 times)

Offline PatsFan

Anyone want to trade chapters?
« on: January 07, 2015, 09:29:08 AM »
Hello everyone!  I'm polishing up a YA science fiction manuscript and would love to swap chapters with someone.  I'm mainly interested in characters, plot, and pacing.  Anyone need another reader?  I enjoy a lot of other genres, so I'd be interested in reading most categories of adult, NA, YA, and MG.  I wouldn't feel confident critiquing literary fiction, but I could review anything else.  Thanks!

Offline Falthor

• Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)
Re: Anyone want to trade chapters?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 02:42:41 PM »
if this had been a couple months ago I would have taken you up on this, as it is I'll wish you luck in finding someone, and I'm pretty sure you wont have much trouble here.
“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Offline jordanteos

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 12:50:27 PM »
PatsFan,

Are you still looking for someone to swap with? I also have a YA sci-fi, though my first few chapters won't be ready for a few weeks. I'd be happy to read and critique yours now, though, if you're interested.

Offline PatsFan

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 09:01:53 PM »
Hi thanks so much for responding!  I'll send you a PM.

Offline sherileigh73

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 11:42:43 AM »
Hi! I'm new to this forum, but I have a complete mystery/thriller I'd love to get some additional feedback on. I've been working on this one for about 6 years and it was my MFA thesis. Parts have been workshopped and I've a couple of solid beta readers for the last 18 months or so. That said, I've made some significant revisions and would appreciate the opinion of someone who hasn't read it before. I'd love to swap chapters. One caveat though, this mystery is anything but cozy. It's dark, and the genre isn't for everyone. (It's voice-driven with a femal protag--think early Patricia Cornwell without so much forensics focus or The Silence of the Lambs meets Bones.)

Message me if you're interested. Thanks!