QueryTracker Community
January 20, 2018, 10:45:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Query Timelines  (Read 7296 times)
Patrick
Administrator

« on: February 12, 2015, 10:13:13 PM »

My favorite new feature of the new QueryTracker about to be released is the Query Timeline. A graph of all the queries sent to an agent. Check it out at http://querytracker.net/qt5_look.php

and while you're there, sign up for QT's $500 give-a-way to celebrate QueryTracker version 5.
Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 10:19:47 PM »

Whoa! That's super awesome and will be really helpful for when people aren't sure if they're query is lost, etc. (like me now!)

Also, your voice is so deep.

WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 10:28:01 PM »

My mother always said I had a voice (and face) for radio.
Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 10:34:52 PM »

My mother always said I had a voice (and face) for radio.

You would make a good radio host. Smiley

Can't wait for version 5!

WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019
Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

This, too, shall pass

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 08:01:13 AM »

This is awesome. It makes me wish i was still querying.

And also, I've never seen a picture of you, Patrick!

Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website
Falthor

Picture of Me and one of the Twins (Chloe)

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 03:29:37 PM »

shared, tweeted, liked, etc...   I'm looking forward to querying again :-)

“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.”

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
elizaa

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 08:36:21 AM »

Two questions:

Will this be Premium Member only?
Are the queries listed in the order in which they were recorded? It wouldn't be a perfect science because not everyone will record immediately after querying, but it would be nice to be able to get a general idea of when responses were sent out - eg, if I queried at 4pm and there was a query before me and a query after me for the same day, I could make an assumption that the query after me was the equivalent of being received on the following day because of how late it was received. Even better would be a way to track recordation or query times, but let's not look a gift horse in the mouth!
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 06:29:37 AM »

Hi elizaa,
Yes, the timeline will only be available to premium members. My philosophy is that if someone supports QueryTracker by becoming a premium member than they should be given something special in exchange.

The queries in the timeline are sorted by the date the query was actually sent, as recorded by the author.
elizaa

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 09:56:09 AM »

Hi elizaa,
Yes, the timeline will only be available to premium members. My philosophy is that if someone supports QueryTracker by becoming a premium member than they should be given something special in exchange.

The queries in the timeline are sorted by the date the query was actually sent, as recorded by the author.

First makes sense - it's something premium members have access to now in a raw format.

But as for the second question, how is it organized within the date? Say 4 people queried in one day - is there a way to have them listed in order in which they updated their statuses or something to that effect?
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 07:26:38 PM »

No, it is only ordered by the date of the query. Would knowing when the entry was made provide any useful information? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how that would matter.
coaldog

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 10:40:03 AM »

This will be a cool new feature. Thank you, Patrick! Hooray
elizaa

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 07:58:16 PM »

No, it is only ordered by the date of the query. Would knowing when the entry was made provide any useful information? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how that would matter.

It would allow viewers to make tenuous (but not without worth!) assumptions based on things like close-of-business in relation to query times.

For example, say I'm anxiously awaiting a response to a query with an agent who consistently sends out negative responses in order-of-receipt chunks, but his/her positives take longer. There are two other queries listed in the tracker as being sent the same day as mine, and one received a negative response today. If the unfortunate querier inputted his or her data after I had tracked my own query, I would have more hope than if it was entered into the system prior to mine.

Obviously, any use would rely on people entering their data close-to-contemporaneously with their sending out the queries and getting responses, but we already have this caveat with all queries that haven't listed responses, albeit on a less specific scale. I guess I figure it has to be ordered somehow, and it would be more useful to have it ordered by time-of-posting rather than, eg, genre (since this can be filtered anyway) or username.
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 06:12:46 PM »

I've updated the query timelines so they now show submissions and submission replies as well as queries.
Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 06:34:00 PM »

I've updated the query timelines so they now show submissions and submission replies as well as queries.
Danke! That's great!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: