QueryTracker Community
October 17, 2018, 07:57:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New QueryTracker 5 is live  (Read 9522 times)
Lora Palmer

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 12:47:27 PM »

Hmm...

I like having the added info of the query age, along with the icon showing average positive and negative response times.  It took a bit to find some of the things that once were easily at my fingertips, like the sent date of the query. Overall, though, there seem to be some cool things about the update to Query Tracker.

But...

Now we can no longer easily organize our queries by status (Outstanding queries, rejections) without being a premium member?

help

Being able to view outstanding queries at the click of a button was so, so incredibly helpful. Already, without it, I'm finding that all the queries are just hopelessly jumbled together. Please, please restore this functionality for everyone!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:15:59 PM by Lora Palmer » Logged

THE MIRRORMASTERS is now available
Leah must  stop a galaxy-ending cataclysm—if her birth sister, who unleashed it as a power grab, doesn’t kill her first.
Website
gckatz

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 01:49:57 PM »

The graphic for the link from the forum back to the main site appears to be broken now.

lsj1750

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 05:03:21 PM »

But...

Now we can no longer easily organize our queries by status (Outstanding queries, rejections) without being a premium member?

help

Being able to view outstanding queries at the click of a button was so, so incredibly helpful. Already, without it, I'm finding that all the queries are just hopelessly jumbled together. Please, please restore this functionality for everyone!

Ditto that. I'm a premium member, and I'm still not seeing a way to pull out my outstanding queries/subs. Hard to dig them out of the full list! Unless I'm missing something . . . ?

latest story: "Vacui Magia" at Strange Horizons
Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 05:16:51 PM »

You gotta change from basic to advanced search on the My Query List. They're right next to each other.

WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019
Lora Palmer

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2015, 05:47:13 PM »

lsj1750, it'll work for you, then.

I'm just so bummed about losing this capability (due to not being a premium  member) that I kind of am feeling like the tracking site may not work for me any longer as a way of keeping track of my queries. This was that key of a feature.

Leah must  stop a galaxy-ending cataclysm—if her birth sister, who unleashed it as a power grab, doesn’t kill her first.
Website
SamIAm

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 09:23:40 PM »

It looks so good! Spiffy!
lsj1750

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 10:48:12 PM »

You gotta change from basic to advanced search on the My Query List. They're right next to each other.

Ahh, I see! Could have sworn I clicked on that before and nothing happened . . . thank you so much!

latest story: "Vacui Magia" at Strange Horizons
MaryL

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 03:12:44 PM »

lsj1750, it'll work for you, then.

I'm just so bummed about losing this capability (due to not being a premium  member) that I kind of am feeling like the tracking site may not work for me any longer as a way of keeping track of my queries. This was that key of a feature.

I totally get this, Lora, but it only costs around $2 a month to be a member and it supports the cost of running and maintaining the site. Pat does so much for writers. I love my premium membership. It helps defray the cost of web hosting, domain name purchase, and programming cost and changes. I'm a personal friend of Pat's, so I know how much work goes into the thing. <3

I write for Penguin/Random House and Entangled Publishing.
Repped by Kevan Lyon of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
http://www.marylindsey.com  and  http://www.marissaclarke.com
Pandean

Panic in human form

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 08:32:56 PM »

I'm lucky. I'm absolutely broke without my SSDI (and with it, as I only see 300-500 dollars with it per month cause the rest goes to living expenses and a "rent") and most of the money is spent on food and school stuff. But my mom, when I started querying (Back when I was doing Half-Breeds and Other Liabilities), was super nice and told me she'd pay for the premium membership.

My mom is not the type of mom who likes to gloat all over her kids to anyone (her kids or other people) but she has never stopped telling people how wonderful a writer I am. And the funny thing is, she's only read a few of my stuff--and most of them are really old and not so good. I haven't let her read BOTR yet because it's so mature and I feel weird with her reading a sex scene I wrote, etc.

But she'll tell people how great a writer I am and she'll be like "Seriously, I'm not one to gloat over how awesome my kids are, but Kara has some amazing writing ability."

So my premium was paid by my mom as a present (and continues to be).

WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019
skh0427

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 09:11:49 AM »

Not everyone can afford even $25, especially when it's being paid up front.

I think the re-design looks spiffy, and I'm glad the search seems to be functioning properly now. (It never worked for me in the old version.) A couple quibbles:

Are submission responses and response times now for Premium Members only?

Is there no way to see bar graphs for query replies anymore? I found the graphs to be easier to understand than just numbers.
Lora Palmer

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 09:19:49 AM »

Mary, I can understand your perspective, and I truly appreciate all the hard work that Pat puts into this site. I also understand that premium members who support this effort financially deserve extra-special features beyond what's available to everyone else.

Please know that I get that. I do, and I get that you want to encourage others to contribute financially to this site Smiley

It's just that this specific feature has not in the past been one of those extra-special bonus features. It was a basic feature, and now it's lost. And the functionality of the site has lessened for me as a result, so of course that's a bummer.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:41:10 AM by Lora Palmer » Logged

Website
stormi0611

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 10:46:43 AM »

I don't know if anyone else feels like this, but I feel blindsided by these changes for non-premium members. Were they announced beforehand? If so I didn't see anything about them. I knew changes were being made and additional features were being added for premium members, but I didn't know we would be losing our ability to sort our query list by rejected queries, outstanding submissions, etc. I also didn't know I wouldn't be able to check first-round submission statuses. These are two of the features I used the most, and now I don't have access to them. Sadly, the site isn't nearly as useful to me as it once was.
I agree premium members should get more. It's only fair. But I really wish the standard features we had were still available, or we were at least given enough warning that they wouldn't be.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:07:14 PM by stormi0611 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: