Author Topic: Subject Line When Resending a Query???  (Read 1628 times)

Offline AlythiaB

• Publishing Tips for the Restless Writer
Subject Line When Resending a Query???
« on: April 20, 2015, 02:59:34 PM »
Hey guys!

In the submission guidelines for some of the agents I've queried, they specifically state if you haven't received a response within x weeks, please resend your query because it may have gotten lost. I'm coming up on that time for some of them. Should I note that it's a re-query in the subject line or just state that I'm resending per their guidelines in the introductory paragraph of the query letter?

I was worried if I mark the subject as 're-query,' the agent may think it's for a book they've already rejected and auto-reject. But do I get put back 'in line' if I simply send it along again and then sit around wondering if it's still not going through? How do you guys handle this?
Represented by Moe Ferrara, BookEnds, LLC
www.alyconner.com

Offline Pandean

• Panic in human form
Re: Subject Line When Resending a Query???
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 03:16:27 PM »
Note that it's a requery in the body of the email. Like "Dear ____, your guidelines say to query again if I haven't heard a respond in ___ time so I am requerying"

Or something

Definitely do it in the introductory paragraph.
WHITE STAG, an internet phenomenon, has been acquired by St. Martin's Press/Wednesday Books for publication in Winter 2019

Offline AlythiaB

• Publishing Tips for the Restless Writer
Re: Subject Line When Resending a Query???
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 03:38:43 PM »
Note that it's a requery in the body of the email. Like "Dear ____, your guidelines say to query again if I haven't heard a respond in ___ time so I am requerying"

Or something

Definitely do it in the introductory paragraph.

Sounds good! That's what I was thinking...
Represented by Moe Ferrara, BookEnds, LLC
www.alyconner.com