Author Topic: Please help! Need a British Opinion  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Sujax

• Wet: Part 1
Please help! Need a British Opinion
« on: April 26, 2015, 11:44:59 AM »
I'm working on a romance series. First one is out and getting good reviews but as I work on part 2 and 3, my editor mentioned she forgot one of my characters is supposed to be British.

So I've beefed up her dialogue in the upcoming parts. I wanted more than to just throw in a bunch of the cliche "bloody's" and I did a lot of research, looking for words to use. I hope I pulled it off but if any of our British QueryTracker friends should happen to run across my book (s), I'd greatly appreciate some feedback before I self-publish the other 2. (Wet Part 1 by S. Jackson Rivera) Part 2 out by end of May, first of June.

If you are really dedicated to help me with this, I'd be willing to send an ARC of part 2 and 3 to get some feedback before it's too late. (Part 1 is kind of a done deal)

Offline MichelleG

• MICHELLE GWYNN JONES - NEW GRACE NEWS
Re: Please help! Need a British Opinion
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 12:08:19 PM »
Sent you a personal message
"You look at these scattered houses, and you are impressed by their beauty. I look at them, and the only thought which comes to me is a feeling of isolation and the impunity with which crime may be committed there." - Sherlock Homes, The Copper Beeches - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle